Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Round and Round and a BIG THANKS!

WOW! Thank you all so much for visiting my blog and commenting! I really am blown away at the hits from the candy! Keep them coming, I plan on visiting each one of you that have linked me! So if you haven't visited that post to see the candy make sure and see Monday's post.

And I just can't stand it anymore... I have something exciting in the works or at least to me it is exciting, some changes are coming to my blog! Stay tuned I don't know what date it will be happening, but just had to give a teaser! =)


Ismaki Sketch Challenge #20 has gone Round and Round! And was it a hard challenge for me. I have not made many round cards, and then it had the added option to not use any pattern papers. Wow that is like a double whammy! But I did it... and really like how it turned out. I used a chocolate brown Bazzill card stock and cut the circle. Now I know I have a circle cutter somewhere, but after looking for 30 minutes I just traced a CD and hand cut it. Ok you are asking about the flowers on the card stock. It was killing me to not have patterned paper, so I made my own design with a stamp from Papertrey Ink and Versamark Ink. Love that stuff! I then used my Fiskars extra large Squeeze punch for the pink circle, and did tiny white gel pen stitching around the edge. I knew I needed a small image to stamp. I then remembered this tiny little House Mouse stamps that I purchase a couple of months back at a garage sale, for $1.00! I colored him with my Copic Markers and then used a Fiskar's corner rounder for the corners of the image. I found some pink prima flowers in two shade of pink and centered them with Copper Stickles. The sentiment is from House Mouse as well, and I used a Copic Marker to darken the edges of it to appear to be matting. Now I the cording is not on the sketch, but for two reasons it is there. 1- I just got it yesterday and really wanted to use it, 2- I smudged the card =) Oops hated to trash the whole card. I like how it turned out. Hope they like it at the challenge site.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your round card!!!
greetings Elske
http://www.hobbyshoekje.web-log.nl/

Annie said...

oh such a gorgeous card - love your work - keep visiting your site and seeing loving cards.

Ann xxx

Allison Rankin said...

This is so pretty...love the circle cards (esp. layered with more circles to boot!). Great colors and super image!

Sandy said...

Wow awesome. Such a lovely card. Wonderful work.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Great card. I love the cute mouse. Nikki x

Annie said...

Fabulous round card and pretty little flower - you should have kept quiet about the cord then no one would have guessed! annie x

Anonymous said...

ta carte est geniale
superbe
bizz Mu

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful card ! I love the colors and the stamp ! Very great work !

Suzanne said...

I love your card iti is fab I have never made a round one!! What a tease I can't imagine what it is!!! Sue :o)

Anonymous said...

Trop marrante, et la citation est trop drôle aussi

Beth said...

Awww, such a cute card! Pink and brown are always gorgeous too!

Donalda said...

That is so cute. Love the little mouse

BethW said...

He is totally adorable. You just want to put it in your pocket and hug him!

Patti Smith said...

Okay I can't imagine what your going to do to this wonderful blog...what a tease you are and I can't wait...love the round card and Versamark inking looks great on the brown cardstock...great job and tell Gato Hi for me and I'm glad he stopped by my blog!!!
(((HUGS)))) patti

Debbie Yates said...

Jut so cute...I love the round-ness of it! Great job!

Anonymous said...

so lovely!!!!! fantastic card

Kianel said...

wow! what a cute card! and very good idea of the cording!
thanks for playing!
love, Kianel.

Nancy said...

oh, die ist ja süss geworden!!

Anonymous said...

oh cute, cute, cuteeeeee card!!!!
love it!!!
thank you for sharing and for visit my blog.

MJ

Tish said...

Oh, I just LOVE the mice! Such a cute card. Love the round cards.

Just adorable!!

Ila said...

Aww..this is just the Sweetest...I love this round card and that little HM!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable!

Bev said...

Oh this is just lovely!