Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A guy card, and two ladies -

I got a new camera last night... so you might be seeing more "nature" photos, meaning more of my babies. You know I have to learn how to use this fancy thing and I do have lots of subjects to pose for me. So please bear with me.

I will go ahead and show today's card first. The challenge this week at Papertake Weekly Challenge is to do a card for the fella's in our life. Well I made one, a very serious, adult card. Showed it to hubby and he said man that thing is blah. Really not your best work dear. Do one of your fun stamps instead. Uh well... ok.
So I went back to my desk and pulled out this "fun" fella. He is a Rubbernecker Stamps image, I colored him in with Copics and highlighted with gel pens, and Spica Glitter pens especially his buckle and gun. I then pulled out a sheet of Bazzill in the same shade as I used on my little dude to use as the card base. I used a piece of Papertrey Ink brown kraft paper to use my Cornish Heritage Farms Background stamp. How fun is it with all of these brands on it. So western. I tore the top right corner off just to look a little more rough. The sentiment is made to go with the cowboy, I love the barn wood letters. I doodled around things with Sakura glaze pens and a white gel pen, but before I stuck it all down I thought it needed something to "hold" down the sentiment, so I cut slits in the sides and ran a scrap piece of brown ribbon through it. I then showed hubby again, he smiled and said, oh yea that is better. More you. What ever that means...........

I took my new camera out this morning while feeding breakfast. I took 78 photos! These were two of my favorites. I really need to study the book on it and learn more. In case you want to know what I got, it is a Sony DSLR - A350K. I liked the live view tilting screen, the 14.2 mega pixels, and that all of the many lenses I already own fit! No adapters needed this was thrilling cuz these are from the film day and I haven't used them in forever. So this thing has more buttons than I know what to do with and I just played some this morning.
The first photo is our first baby girl Rosita. She is getting so big... why do they grow up so fast? She is not happy with me here. I usually get my head in the pen and rub faces and love on her, but I wanted a photo, so she is pouting here.
The next photo is one of our three standard Donkeys. They roam the property and keep us safe. =) That is their job anyway. We won't discuss the fence they bent from rubbing their heads and rear ends on it. Or the mirror they broke off my last truck, or the teeth marks in my new truck because I had left a bag of sweet feed in the back and they couldn't reach it! But I still love them, and Cocoa is the leader of the three and studies everything before she does anything. She is really beautiful.
Card Info:
Stamps: Rubbernecker Stamps, Cornish Heritage Farms
Papers: Bazzill, Papertrey Ink
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black, Colorbox Catseyes
Accessories: Copic Markers, Spica Glitter Pens, Sakura Glaze Pens, Uniball White Gel Pen, Ribbon




15 comments:

Suzanne said...

Well this another wow with the card and you havn't dissapointed me you have brought a smile to my face with the pictures and tales of your babies!! Sue :o)

Allison Rankin said...

Another winner...super layout with the background stamps too!

Annie said...

love the card you made with that cute cowboy stamp and the background - very Texan! and thanks for sharing more pictures of the fur babes! annie x

Alhambra Club said...

Love this card, that cowboy is too cute and your donkey's are too, can you call a donkey cute, sure you can.

Alhambra Club said...

Love this card, that cowboy is too cute and your donkey's are too, can you call a donkey cute, sure you can.

Alhambra Club said...

Love this card, that cowboy is too cute and your donkey's are too, can you call a donkey cute, sure you can.

Frances said...

such a cute card (I get the same reaction when I try and do 'serious' cards and show my hubby!) love the photos too. Have fun working out your new camera!

Mandy said...

fab card Michelle, love the cowboy!

mandy

Ila said...

The card is Fabulous and So Cute!! I'm really lovin' cute right now too.
Must be a very good camera...your photos are precious....I really love the first one...just want to give that little gal a big hug!!

Patti Smith said...

Gosh Michelle what crisp, clear photos...awesome camera...I need a new one maybe before long!! Great card too love the "cowboy" and the fonts are just precious....happy Wednesday!!!

Godelieve said...

A really fun card for a guy :) It made me smile! Glad to see the donkeys are doing well!
Enjoy the new camera!

Mrs Mayne said...

Great card! The cowboy is so cute! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

BethW said...

I am completely in love with Rosita. Can I print a copy of her picture here to put up on my fridge? She puts a smile in the gloomiest of days.

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow great card brilliant image ,love it ,Dawnxx

Heather Huggins said...

Oh my the donkeys are so cute!!