Monday, May 19, 2008

Hello with a few Beads!

Ok, this card popped into my head as soon as I read the challenge this week at Tilda & Co. Blog. I love this Tilda with the jump rope, I have added the wire jump rope with flowers in the past, you can see that here. When I made that card I had thought of putting beads on the jump rope, and didn't. So it was the first thing that I thought of when I read the word BEADS. Now the Red, White and Black... well what can I say, I got a new paper pad last week on clearance at Target. A Making Memories 6x6 pad. It was on the desk, and so that is the direction I went. May be a little strong. But matched the beads well. I paper pieced the dress on Tilda, then colored her with my Copics, highlighted with white gel pen and stickles. The base is a scrap piece of red card stock, then I layered the two pattern papers on scraps as well. Everything was stitched down with Sakura Glaze Pens. The flowers are Micheal's Bridal Confetti flowers in creme and black, centers are mini red brads. Now the jump rope is red wire, with some of my Grandma's vintage beads. The pearl colored beads for the handles of the jump rope and mini glass beads for the rope itself. I love how it came out. Grandma use to make those Christmas ornaments with the beads and the pins on Styrofoam. I have a bunch of them that I cherish dearly. I also have the box of beads that she had for many years that she worked out of. It makes me smile thinking she would love that I am using them. Ok, back to the card. The sentiment is from Fiskars Odle of Doodles set, I like that it is just a bit larger. I almost forgot the metal dots going down the left side. Those are really just too cool. I found those at JoAnns a few weeks ago, and have used them a couple of times now, but each time I am more impressed with them. They are in the card making section and are metal adhesive dots. They really stick down! And are so easy to use. They come in a bunch of colors and I think I may have to go and get more of them. I do like the way this card turned out, and I really like that the rope is not attached at the top and when you shake the card the beads rattle. Hope you like it!

Ok and I had to show you this photo I took of Gato this weekend. We are now thinking that Gato is a boy... it is so hard to tell when they are so little, so for now "it" is just adorable and I can't get anything done cuz I HAVE to hold him... now common could you say no to this face... with that little tiny "MEOW"? And how perfect is it that hubby was wearing a red shirt when I took this, matches todays card! And Gato just pops on the red!


Card Info:
Stamps: Magnolia, Fiskars
Papers: Bazzill, Making Memories
Ink: Graphite Brilliance Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Sakura Glaze Pen, Wire, Vintage Beads, Micheals Bridal Confetti Flowers, Brads, Uniball White Gel Pen, JoAnns Adhesive Metal Dots

15 comments:

Aija said...

Such a great idea! Fab card you have created.

Katharina Frei said...

Soooo cute Michelle. I love the paper piercing of her dress. Looks terrific! Thanks for your very kind comments on my blog and for thinking of Noel on his special day. I very much appreciated it :)

Suzanne said...

This is beautiful and I love the story of Grandmas beads,I have my grandmas old button tin and I still dip into it every now and then!!Gato is so pretty whether he is male or female!!! Sue :o)

Allison Rankin said...

This is beautiful...love the tartan and her skipping rope is awesome! Love the Gato pic!

Colleen said...

I like your card, but Gato is just so darn cute. Makes me want a 3rd cat, but if I brought another baby kitty home, the other cats would probably disown me.

Sharon said...

Gorgeous card love the colours. Aw Gato is sweet!!!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous card love the colours. Aw Gato is sweet!!!

debby4000 said...

What a fab idea of the skipping rope, gorgeous card and love Gato.

Ila said...

Gorgeous card! love how you did this challenge...Wonderful idea!!
The kitty is so cute....and a kitten for so little time..I can see why your having a time getting anything done!

Donalda said...

Girl you card is just goregous I love how you done the beads !!! And the colors are so cool looking.
You also have a cuttie there

Andrea, said...

Wonderful card, great colours and I love her dress. Fab idea

tracie said...

fabulous card Michelle, the beaded rope is gorgeous - great idea. Oh how cute does Gato look in this pic, thanks for sharing :-)x

Dawny P said...

awwww how sweet xx I like your Tilda card as well - gorgeous paper lol xx

Nikki said...

Great card! Love the papers and use of copic markers. And what a cutie Gato is!

Cathy said...

Such a cute card - love the dress and colours.
Hugs
Cathy