Thursday, May 15, 2008

Glorious Green and a Miracle

Today I have a glorious green ATC for the Tilda and Friends ATC Challenge and a very small miracle. We will handle business first.

This week the challenge was to use lots of green, well that was done! I used a scrap of DCWV glitter card stock as the background. Seemed a little like sparkling grass to me, so I pulled out my Tilda stretched out enjoying a day in the grass. I colored her with Copics and highlighted with white gel pen, I thought the grass needed some flowers so I used the smallest primas I have. They are a bit large for her, but it is art. Then I just had to use my favorite ribbon, I just love the saying "All things grow with Love" and on this green checked ribbon it was perfect for this ATC. Hope you like it!


Now to our Miracle. I would like to you to meet GATO (Spanish for Cat). Hubby brought Gato home yesterday and she is the newest member of our home. Now why is she a miracle? Well she survived a day in the engine and frame of our delivery van. Hubby and his brother (who works with us) heard him early in the day. After numerous attempt to retrieve her from the engine, and then her running into the frame they could not get her. They left the van hoping she would climb out on her own. After not hearing her later in the day deliveries were made all around the area, my BIL took the truck home for night. Well guess what was under the battery? It got loose and after they captured her with taunting of food, they saved her. She is tiny, and very dirty and very very thirsty. Can you imagine how hot it was riding around in the engine? It was in the 90's here!! Poor little thing. Hubby wanted her really bad, he has been pressuring me for a cat for awhile. We have always had multiple cats, our last died a couple years ago and was over 18 years old. I have really enjoyed the no cat box, no climbing of no cats. But I do love cats. And Gato is adorable and very sweet. When you hold her, the motor turns on and you can hear her purring across the room. We don't know how old she is, I am guessing 4 or 5 weeks old. But she has a home here now. Oh and I know the name GATO isn't the sweetest and cutest... I voted for Gracie as it was God's Grace she lived through her travels. But Hubby has always wanted a Calico cat named Gato... so oh well Gato it is.

Hope you have a great Thursday and the weekend is almost here again!

21 comments:

Ila said...

Your Atc truly is Glorious Michelle!! and the kitty is just the Sweetest...and what a Survivor!! Congrats on the newest addition to your family!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous ATC and Gato is such a darling and an absolute miracle!

Tricia T said...

Don't know which is cuter, your atc or Gato!! :) Thanks for sharing!

Allison Rankin said...

Super cute creation (in a color I hate! Ha!)...super cute kitty too! Hope he stays hydrated in that heat!

Annie said...

First off, thanks for creating a gloriously green ATC with Tilda for this week, and secondly, big hugs to Gato for being a remarkable survivor and knowing where she will be loved and cared for! take care. annie x

Anonymous said...

Glad to see Lucky Gato is doing well and is cleaned up. She sure looks good!

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous ATC Tilda looks well chilled!!! and I am sure Gato will be just as chilled when she gets over her ordeal she has really landed on her feet there with you and hubby. Thanks look forward to the parcel can't wait to try it please send me your address x Sue :o)

Colleen said...

Gato, is adorable. We have a soft spot in our house for rescued cats. Both of our cats found us by accident when they were but very tiny. I am sure you will enjoy her love.

Annie said...

wow what a wonderful story Gato is gorgeous and I love the name.

Your ATC is brill too but I have a feeling that the old stage saying 'Never work with kids and animals' is kicking in here and the same applies to showing your craftwork at the same time as the cutest cat ever.

by the way thanks for the advice on the craft blades - much appreciated.

Ann xxx

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful ATC ! Very great work ! I love your Tilda !

Nixe-Moni said...

Great ATC, looks wonderful. Love it.
Hugs, Moni

tracie said...

gorgeous ATC Michelle - Tilda looks so relaxed and happy laying inthe sunshine surrounded by gorgeous flowers. Oh my little Gato is soooo cute and what a miracle she is :-)x

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

gosch michelle if you lived closer i would get lucas this kitten.. if you would let me.
faboulous atc too.. love the colors

sophia landry said...

Gorgeous ATC I love the bright fresh colors you used on her. And as for Gato, ella es muy linda, y usted es tan afortunado!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous ATC, love the Tilda.
WOW what a lucky kitten glad she's safe.

Frances said...

Love Tilda laying amongst giant flowers, she's fab! What a lovely story about Gato, bet your hubby is one happy bunny now!

jjcreations said...

What a sweetheart....I love Gato's face. I'm sure she is very happy to be adopted by you!!!
I love how the little girl on your card is lying in the grass.....very creative. Joan

Patti Smith said...

Love the ATC with the "relaxin' Tlida"...I want to try my hand at ATC but just have not had the time..hopefully soon...Gato is just soooo sweet your right it was one of those things that is meant to be....

Tova said...

love your ATC, it's so tonic !

Theresa Momber said...

Your ATC is awesome. Love those turtles. I am so glad the kitty is ok. What a cutie.

Kim's Life said...

That Glorious Green ATC is Amazing! Great job!!!!