Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Ismaki Challenge 18


Well, I tried to make this card last night. My brain had already gone to bed, I got up this morning and worked with it again. It just isn't going well. The sketch is from the Ismaki Challenge Blog and it really is a great sketch this week. I just don't have it all together. I finally just decided to leave it alone and accept it.


I started with a green Bazzill card stock, which I cut with my scallop blade on my Fiskar's Rotary cutter. I then decided to pull out my first Magnolia, very sentimental, ya know. I colored her with my Copics, and then matted her with the green, then a lilac purple, to match this piece of fabric. Yes, I had to take my mother-in-law to a quilt shop a couple of weeks ago. Oh my the patterns are intoxicating, colors so vibrant. So I purchased a few squares to try and see if I can use them. I have pieced them a couple of times as dresses on the Magnolias, but this time decided to use it as the focal pattern. I had to move things around alittle because the size of Tilda was to big and was covering too much of the fabric, so I off centered things just a bit. A couple of Grandma's buttons are used on the corners. I skipped the bottom corner title, because my ribbon had the words Absolutely Adorable printed on it. I then dotted with stickles, and it just felt unfinished with out my white gel pen edging. So what do you think? I think I just need more sleep... and try again.
Well hope you have a great Tuesday! We are hoping for some rain here today....please rain.... we need it!


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

extra tilda et le contour de ta carte .. c'est superbe
bizz Mu

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful card with lovely colors ! So pretty ! Very great work !

Annie said...

that is such pretty fabric and Tilda matches perfectly!

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

beautiful card, tilda goes very well with the flowers!! Love the doodling.

Anonymous said...

wonderfdul card

Jenna said...

I love your use of the fabric on this... it adds just the perfect touch!

Mephisto said...

Lovely Card.
Domi

Cecilia said...

Beautiful card!

mine,

http://www.tiina38.vuodatus.net/blog/1291659

Anonymous said...

Une jolie carte très printanière !!!

Katharina Frei said...

Your colouring is a stunner on your first Tilda :) Love the flowery feeling of the card!

Ila said...

I love your card....that Tilda and the way you used fabric on here!! ..Gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful card!!!

Allison Rankin said...

Terrific...love the idea of using fabric!

Patti Smith said...

I love the card....I don't see a thing wrong....love the fabric touch....did you put anything on it like gesso or mod podge or did you just adhere it to the card stock? Nice job...(((hugs))) have a good Wednesday!

BethW said...

Have to tell you the little video clip from Sunday is now my number one spirit lifter!

Beth said...

Beautiful card and papers!

Callie said...

Jolie carte toute printanière. J'aime beaucoup les contours au crayon.