Friday, May 2, 2008

Wishing You a Day Bright with Sunshine!

Well it is cloudy and dark here this morning. So hopefully this card will lighten things up! I didn't plan for it to be so bright, but well it is sunny! The goal was "In the Garden" for Cute Card Thursdays Challenge Blog.

Ok, so flowers are pretty much the normal for everyone's gardens... but here in the country - so are skunks =) Now the ones I find in the yard are not nearly this cute and I will admit we try and get rid of them and I truly hate the critters, but I couldn't resist this cute little guy from High Hopes Stamps, despite my feelings of skunks. He is just adorable.

Hubby asked me again last night why I purchase stamps with animals we work so hard to keep away, like Skunks and Mice (he said this as he was pointing to my numerous House Mouse Stamps on the wall), I told him when a field mouse that comes in my house can make me a cake, frost it, then pop some pop corn and then take photographs of the party we will talk, but the "real" ones just make me crazy and are not cute in any way and either need to leave or die a sticky death on a glue trap! Outside they have lots of area, I don't even mind seeing them in the barn or yard, but my house is off limits!

Ok back to this card. I colored this little guy with my Copic Markers, then highlighted and "redrew" the shapes with my white gel pen. I added a few prima flowers to the colored flowers and added copper stickles to the centers. I matted it on a dark orange piece of scrap card stock. The base of the card is bright orange Bazzil, that I rounded the corners on and then stitched the edges with the white gel pen. the blue DP is amazing! It is from my new DCWV Spring Stack and it is all glitter. It almost has a rubber feel to it. I cut a strip off to use like a ribbon, and stitched the edges again. I placed a piece of Micheal's Dots and Dash orange Ribbon down the center. The scalloped piece is a scrap of Bazzil Scalloped edge card stock, that I stacked another DCWV Spring stack DP on, it too has glitter. I dotted the scallops with a copic orange marker. The sentiment is not marked for a maker.

Today is going to be a busy LONG day. I have a million things to get done around the house, and I need to clean up my desk and cropping bag, as tonight is my first of the month weekend crop! And I have nothing planned! I think I will try and go out and get some photographs of the Donkeys today, the babies are getting so big!

Well hope you all have fun plans for the weekend, and have a fabulous Friday!

Card Info:
Stamps: High Hopes
Paper: Bazzil, DCWV Spring Glitter Stack
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Uniball white gel pen, Prima Flowers, Stickles, Ribbon and Pop dots.

14 comments:

Andrea, said...

Beautiful sunny card, a great stamp and fab papers. The sentiment is perfect with these colours.
Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

wendy said...

ohhh....how adorable....so cute!

Allison Rankin said...

You are a great colorer...sigh, wanna come do mine for me?

jenny said...

Fabulous card, love the bright colours and the cute skunk x

Suzanne said...

Oh this is too stinking cute!! Sue :o)

Patti Smith said...

Love the skunk....he is so cute. I bookmarked the bag tutorial you did a great job on that..hope I'm smart enough to figure it out!! LOL...have a great weekend...Patti

Jilli said...

Gorgeous card, fab colours!

Cecilia said...

Very nice card!

Sammi said...

LOVELY Card! Just love the story about your skunks and mice!! :)

debby4000 said...

Lovely card, the little chap is so cute.

Beth said...

So sweet! I love the bright colours!

Frances said...

great card, love the skunk!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

hahaha.. what a stinking cute card.
love it

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

Great card, love the bright colors!!! And that image is so sweet!!