Friday, May 23, 2008

Thank Ewe!


Ok, I made this for the Cute Card Thursday Challenge which is a sketch by Katharina. But while making I thought I might as well use it as a big shout out to "Thank Ewe!" for visiting my blog! Just a few days ago I posted my Blog Candy (see it here) to help push me over the 5000 mark, well I am now approaching the 6000 mark! WOW! Thank you all for all of your links and the goodies will be drawn for on July 2nd!


Ok now to the card, I really like how this turned out. One it is a fabulous sketch by Katharina, love it! And two I like the country feel of it. I used the High Hopes Sheep stamp, with the matching sentiment. Colored with my Copic Markers. I cut the oval and the scallop oval with my Nestibilites. I doodled the edges of both with Sakura Glaze pens. The base of the card is a real red Bazzill card stock. The pattern paper is Cosmo Cricket Honey Pie Collection. I found a scrap piece of sage green card stock that matched for the bottom. It is scalloped with the Martha Stewart Lace Border Punch. I used a Michael's Ribbon for the band across the middle and made the buckle with a spellbinders die and white doodles. A pretty fast card, with a great layout.

Well its Friday - I have to get ready to teach a Fiskar's training tomorrow afternoon. Its gonna be really hot here today so I am staying inside! Hope you all have a great Friday and have some fun plans for the weekend!

Card Info:
Stamps: High Hopes
Paper: Cosmo Cricket, Bazzill
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Spellbinders Nestibilities, Sakura Glaze Pens, Ribbon, Pop Dots

27 comments:

Suzanne said...

oh wow this is just gorgeous I love the colours and the little sheep is one of my favourites!!! Sue :o)

Andrea said...

Cute card. I love the border

Anonymous said...

this is so wonderful and lovely, great card

Andrea, said...

Oh this is gorgeous, I love the stamp and the pretty lacy border.
Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Rach said...

Super cute card...really sweet.
Hugs Rach. xx

Allison Rankin said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love the stamp and I need some of that DP (once I get rid of the stuff in front of me!).

Debbie said...

Fab card Love the HH stamp

Ila said...

Super Cute and Fabulous!! love how you used this sketch!!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

This is fantastic Michelle. I love the colour scheme. Such a great image. Hugs, Nikki x

Anonymous said...

Aww..just precious!

Anonymous said...

Aww..just precious!

Heather Huggins said...

Wow. Really Cute!! Love the little buckle.

Patti Smith said...

Love the sheep...so cute and i like the little buckle too!!Have a great weekend and be safe!!

debby4000 said...

Oh wow brilliant card, she's so cute and I love the border too.

Marte said...

Just found your blog, and I'm glad I did! You make really fun and inspiering cards! :) Love it!

Also, got a huge smile on my face from the donkeysmile.. Wonderful picture!:)

I surely will visit you again! :)

Love, Marte

tracie said...

oh wow this is sooooo cute, love the image and pretty papers - gorgeous work :-)x

betty said...

love the fun and cute image and the scalloped border you created is beautiful! a fabulous card!

Jilli said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card, the papers are so pretty, love the belt and buckle idea and a fab image!

dasimonds said...

Cute stamped image..
pretty papers..
love the colors..sweet buckle!
Adorable card!

Bev said...

Absolutely brilliant!

Beth said...

This is fabulous! I love the stamp and the scalloped border is beautiful!

Deb said...

gorgeous card Michelle, love the sheep, it is so cute and the buckle and lace edging is fabulous

thank you for joining in the CCT challenge

jjcreations said...

This sheep is adorable....very cute card. Joan

Katharina Frei said...

A sensational card Michelle! Love the sheep and it's "shadow", the scalloped border is soooo beautiful!

Annie said...

love it! the image and the sentiment, the pretty lace touch and the colours you chose - just fab!

Charith said...

What an adorable card. I really liked the sketch when I saw it on CCTC. Yours is fantastic, love the ewe and that dp!

Gail S. said...

This card is a winner! I love the buckle that you added...too cute. I also love your donkey's. I have a friend/coworker that has two donkeys as pets.