Saturday, May 17, 2008

A Freaky Tiki Saturday!


Ok, now this card has to make you smile! I loved this image as soon as I saw it at Rubbernecker Stamps. The sketch is from Friday's Sketchers Blog. Well basically... I had to move a few things around just a bit the wording "Have A Freaky Tiki Birthday" was just a little larger than the sketch had drawn in. So I had to do some rearranging to get it all on the card. I love the bright colors, I colored the image in with my Copic Markers first, then went back and highlighted with the Spica Glitter pens, and a white gel pen for th centers of the flowers and his teeth. I also high lighted the wording with the gold Spica Glitter Pen. Wish you could see all of that in the photo. It is so hard to capture with a photograph. The base of the card is dark brown Bazzill. The pattern papers are K&Company Amy Butler papers. I used ribbon up the sides and then the ric-rak for the border on the top and bottom. The image and the sentiment are matted in scrap dark purple card stock. Prima Flowers on the corner with a button and brads for their centers. I think it is pretty darn funny! I hope they like it at Friday Sketchers! And I must say a huge thank you, for being drawn as the winner of last weeks challenge!! Was exciting news and I have been wanting to order Gretchen... yee haw! Thanks!

Ok, I have had a few ask about the baby donkeys. They are doing great. Rosita is growing like a weed, and sticks close to Mom most of the time but likes to wander off with the other girls in that pen and pretend she is just as big as they are. She has learned quick to stay away from Dad, especially when he is chasing one of the girls....... oh and Rosita has learned she has a voice and has shown off a few really good heee haaawwws.
Angelina (Lina) and Lola are both in the other large pen. I would have loved to have them all together, but to breed with the best Jacks we had to pen the apart. So Lina and Lola are in the other pen and they are getting to know each other. I actually caught them yesterday running together and playing. It is pretty funny to watch, their Mom's stand off to the side and if you listen really close you can hear them talking about their children and how hard it is to raise young ones these days. The photos are from a few days ago, I am hoping to get some this weekend of them playing together. They are just too cute to watch. I think Lola is going to be a talker too, she is trying hard to get a Hee Haw out... just hasn't quite got it going yet.
The first photo is Angelina and her Mom, Macey. Second photo is Lola and her Mom, Cheyenne. Oh and Hubby =)

Well hope you have great plans for this Saturday! Me, I am hoping to catch up on a few projects and do laundry, some fun and some necessities =)

22 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow this is a funny stamp. Really gorgeous card again. Incredible.

Lora Wright said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, YOUR BLOG. IT MAKES MY DAY (EVERYDAY) I LOVE ALL YOUR PICTURES OF YOUR BABYS. AND YOU ARE SO SO TALENTED. THIS CARD IS AWESOME. NOW I NEED TO GET ME SOME TILDAS AND HAGLAR & STAGLAR STAMPS YOU JUST NEED TO TELL ME WHERE. TIA MY EMAIL IS comet42@myway.com. I live in beautiful Northeastern Pennsylvania. PLEASE KEEP THE POSTS COMING.

Suzanne said...

This card is just too funny and I love it. Like the lady above your blog always makes my day with your beautiful cards and the tales of your life with the beautiful donkeys... hear hear keep it coming. Sue :o)

Anonymous said...

So cute ! Very great card with bright colors !

Anonymous said...

Such a funny card - it's fabulous! Love the tales about your donkeys too! Thanks for joining in FS challenge. Carole :~)

Jasmins Stempelwelt said...

That's really a funny motiv and the color you'd choose is stunning. Great card!

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

What a freaky, funny card you made!! I love all those bright colors! Thanks for joining in.

Colleen said...

I love it when you post information about your babies. They are so cute. Love the updates. Your cards are also adorable.

jjcreations said...

Your card sure does bring a smile to the face....awesome. And your little ones are adorable. Joan

Allison Rankin said...

This stamp is so scary but a fun card too! Cute donkey babies!

WencheP said...

What a fun card! And the colors - very nice and bright! You get happy by watching this card!

Ila said...

I love this Cute and Fun card...the image is hilarious and the the way you presented it is Fabulous!!
Thanks for sharing all the cute stories!!

debby4000 said...

fabulous cute card but have to say it slighty overshadowed by the gorgeous pics of Mommas and baby donkeys.

Richelle said...

I LOVE this card! It is too funny. LOL

Your babies are soo cute :)

Unknown said...

oh what a funny and so colourful card, it looks so pretty.
thank you for your participation to my sketch at friday sketchers.

Anonymous said...

That card is just too much fun! Love the animals, just too darn cute!

Anonymous said...

very beautiful card !!! funny I love it !!!

Jutta said...

Very beautiful card and a super stamp!!!

Bev said...

LOVE your card, and love your blog - have really enjoyed browsing

yanmaneee said...

yeezy boost 350 v2
kobe shoes
supreme clothing
lebron 18
golden goose
curry 6
yeezy 350
supreme hoodie
canada goose outlet
lebron james shoes

plastic bed covers said...

The photos are from a few days ago, I am hoping to get some this weekend of them playing together. They are just too cute to watch.
black shalwar design
black and white salwar kameez designs

wheneet said...

high end replica bags w58 f7g76l5s25 high end replica bags b68 a8n66v5k29 aaa replica bags k95 z4y76q7u01