Monday, May 5, 2008

A swinging Tilda and an Introduction!!!

Ok, I was going to try and show you my swinging Tilda card first... But I just can't stand it!!! I have to show you why I only got about an hour sleep last night! I would like to introduce you to LOLA, yes Cheyenne had her baby last night at 2:45 am. Poor thing started her labor about 7:30, and paced and would lay down and then would stop. She wore herself out. But she finally gave birth to a beautiful dark faced little girl! This morning she is still not herself and is really moving around slow and seems really tired, I know I am and I didn't deliver that big baby! Now her name Lola... well we sat outside for many hours throwing around names. We wanted something that held some meaning to Cheyenne coming from Montana and
her Daddy had so much history as well. We called out town names, people in history, people in entertainment. And then it came like lightning, the only person it could be named for is Lola, the friend and breeder that we got both Cheyenne and Black Jack from. She has been a donkey life line for us "newbies". There for every phone question and support during panic attacks. And although she is always very excited for every baby we have - she was just dying for Cheyenne's baby. So here she is Lola... Dark face like Mom and Dad, long legs like Mom, coloring more like Mom's than Dad's but Daddy's head shape and at only a few hours old seems to have more of his bounce and fun, than her Mom's laid back personality. Hope you like her!

Ok, despite my total lack of more than a couple of hours of sleep the last THREE nights, one due to my crops, and two to Cheyenne. I did get a card made. And got a chance to use my new Spring Magnolia Stamps. The tree swing and swinging Tilda. I made this card for the Tilda & Co. Challenge Blog, the challenge this week was to create layers with your stamps. Or to make the Pop off the card. I had been dying to use the swing stamp, so this was perfect. I used light blue Bazzill to make the base and layered a piece of chocolate brown on that. I just got this FABULOUS piece of Heidi Grace shimmering flocked "Baby Clouds" paper. Oh I love this! It has a silver shimmer to it and the clouds are flocked and so soft and fun! A perfect background to Tilda on a swing! I stamped the swing once, and Tilda three times. Colored them with my Copic Markers. I then cut them out with my Fiskars fingertip knife (if you don't have one of these it is a must!). I used the long side strips of my pop dots to pop the tree limb and swing off the paper. I then popped my first Tilda, then just her dress and legs, then just her boots for a total of four layers. I highlighted her dress and boots with my white gel pen, and her wings with stickles. I ripped a scrap piece of green card stock, and stamped with a grass peg stamp to have some grounding for Tilda. The ribbon is from a Ribbon bobbin, I just love the saying. I doodled the edges of the brown card stock to finish it off. I think I am going to try this again and see about adding even more back ground items. I hope they like it for the challenge, I am happy with it.

Well I am going to try and get a few things done this morning, without falling asleep first. So better get moving! Hope you have a wonderful Monday!

Card Info:
Stamps: Magnolia
Paper: Bazzill, Heidi Grace Designs
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Uniball White Gel Pen, Fiskars Fingertip Craft Knife, Stickles, Ribbon

20 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Love your Tilda on a swing, what a great card, but Lola, well she is adorable, glad to hear that Mother is doing OK.

Debbie said...

Fab card I love the new swing and tilda. lola is so cute.

Suzanne said...

They are both beautiful Lola and the card can't help thinking of the KINKS song when I heard here name but oh dear that is showing my age!!! The swing is a must I think. Hope you get some sleep tonight!!! Sue :o)

Allison Rankin said...

What an awesome Tilda...4 layers?!?

Congrats to the donkey mama (both you and the donkey!).

Ila said...

Your card is Gorgeous!! I love the way you colored Tilda and created the background!!
Lola is so Cute!!...she could be on a stamp!!!

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Awwww, welcome to the world, Lola!! =) What a cute little girl, and a sweet name for her! How LUCKY you are to have so many girls born this year!! We're hoping to be as lucky. CONGRATS!!! =) -Anna.

Andrea, said...

Fabulous Tilda card, I love how you have coloured her dress and boots, they look wonderful.
Lola is so cute, hope you get some sleep tonight

cats whiskers said...

Love your swing card, it is so fresh, wouldn't believe you had no sleep. Hope Lolas doing well, she looks beautiful. Well done Mum
Hugs Jacqui (xx these are for Lola)

Heidi said...

Oh my, that card is too sweet, not to mention the magnolia! I just found your site through claudia and well...... it is in going in my magnolia favorites!
Heidi

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

wow.. the baby is here.
so precious!
fabulous card michelle! your knife is absolutely great. thats how i was able to cut these tiny things out too.

love the way you colored her cheeks!

Patti Smith said...

Oh boy...welcome LOLA...glad everyone is okay....hopefully you can get some sleep tonight. the card is awesome Michelle..4 layers wow girl....TFS the pics of this card and the new baby cause I know you are tired....xoxo, patti

Unknown said...

wow what a fantastic and so cute card ... really marvellous!!!!

wendy said...

cute...cute ...cute card!

Cathy said...

Absolutely gorgeous card - I love this image.
Congratulations on the new addition - she is rather adorable too!!!


Cathy xx

Anonymous said...

Wie toll, sensationell.

Annie said...

awww, Lolla is so sweet and fluffy, and worth a few hours lost sleep! Love your swinging Tilda card too with the little scene you made for her.

Katharina Frei said...

A terrific card Michelle! Your colouring is fabulous and I love the szene!

Katharina Frei said...

I forgot to congratulate on the new born :) She is so precious!

Godelieve said...

Lola is so beautiful! It's really nice to read your donkey stories, and to see photos of them. Thanks!!
Lovely card too!

Anonymous said...

very beautiful card THE 3D IS FANTASTIC :!!!!!