Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Different for me, but I love this card pattern!

I love design of this card! I made it for this weeks Papertake Weekly Challenge Blog. This weeks challenge is one of Claudia's fab tutorials you can see her gorgeous work and the tutorial at her blog Pretty Pressings. What a different and fun card. Ok now it is not my normal style of card, but I really like how it turned out. I first made the base from plain white card stock. I then played with a million different pattern papers trying to decide which one I wanted to use. Then looked up at all of those background stamps... crying out to be inked. So I pulled down my paisley background stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms. Inked it up with Brilliance pearlescent sky blue and stamped it four times on the white card stock. I then cut the "panels" to fit the accordion folds of the card. I stitched around them with a Sakura glaze pen. I used a House Mouse dancing and stamped it three times and colored them with my Copic markers and cut them out. Stamped in the same blue ink the sentiment that matches the House Mouse stamp. I love this sentiment. I cut it with my Nestibilities Oval die and stitched it with the glaze pen. Place the mice on the card on every other panel, and then added the three clear Bella Baubles in the corner. Then I had to figure out how to keep it closed... I cut a small slice in the center of the bottom base, and ran the ribbon through and attached on the back with my adhesive. Ta Da! Tied in a bow. When I showed it to hubby he said... "nice ... doesn't look like your work... its to plain" But I didn't' think it needed more with the paisley pattern, and how would you close it tight if I added more. What do you think should I add more? I kinda like it how it is but maybe it does need some flowers or something. Love the pattern though and I am gonna be making more of them for sure!
Card Info:
Stamps: House Mouse, Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black, Brilliance Pearlescent Sky Blue
Accessories: Copic Markers, Sakura Glaze Pen, Ribbon, Bella Baubles

17 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, love the size and folds and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that sentiment.

Debbie said...

Fab card, I love your paisley background, and your cute mice.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous colours and stunning card :)

Marlene x

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card, those little mice are so cute

Allison Rankin said...

Terrific card...love that BG stamp! Hey, how big is that piece of CS anyway?

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow how cute is thia card ,so gorgeous ,Dawnx

christie said...

Very very pretty!!!!

Beth said...

This is so cute! The paper is really pretty too

Richelle said...

I love it just how it is! It is very beautiful!

Ila said...

What a Fabulous job of this card you did....Gorgeous!!!

jjcreations said...

You're right....the pattern is great. And I love this little ballerina mouse. Joan

Frances said...

wow, this is fab Michelle. You are right,it doesn't need anything else. Men! My hubby says EXACTLY the same to me sometimes, so funny - I just ignore him most of the time =) That background stamp is fab, who needs papers?! x

Mrs Mayne said...

A great card! I don't think it needs anything else either lol!
Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

Annie said...

oh wow! what a stunning card you have created with those stamps, and love the little sentiment and then the cute surprise when you open the card - this is a winner!

Lou Sims said...

Absolutely gorgeous card. Love the paper you have chosen.

Mandy said...

Lovely card, your design looks brilliant

Mandy

Suzanne said...

Oh definatley no more it is perfect as it is. I love everything about it sometimes it is good to step out of our box!! Sue :o)