Thursday, May 29, 2008

Fun in the Sun!

Running late today... hubby is home from work and we are going to try and get some much needed work done around here. Why is it when he is home I am running late? Anyway - a quick post -

The Tilda and Friends ATC Challenge is "Beside the Sea". When I think of the beach I think of the birds, running along the seashore. I love watching them in the wet sand, and the little foot prints they leave. I colored the birds from the Magnolia Spring Stamp Collection to match those I see here. I then added the Spica glitter pens to them to add just a bit of sparkle, the sea spray does get them wet you know. I also used the clouds from the Spring collection, they are "colored" in with Liquid Pearls to give them a puffy but shiny look. The waves and sentiment are from a Close to my Heart set called... "fun in the sun". I tore some scrap paper for the sand and hand drew the sun. I used Copics and Spica Glitter pens to make is shine. I used my black Sakura Glaze pen to draw in the legs and the birds flying in the sky. I matted it on scrap paper and cut with my decorative scissors. Fun theme this week... that makes two beach cards for me this week! Wish I was planning a trip there!


Well better get this on, and get some work going. Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday! And don't forget my blog candy... we are getting close to the drawing date! See it HERE.

16 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

What a fantastic card, love everything about it, GREAT CARD

Andrea, said...

Fabulous ATC, I love those little birds

Tricia T said...

Love the zigzag border. What a great idea!!

cats whiskers said...

This is great Michelle, I just love those little birds, what a good idea
Hugs Jacqui x

Allison Rankin said...

Such a cute little scene...I remember the ocean...sigh!

Annie said...

what a fabulous take on our theme this week - love the little birds, and the puffy clouds and the touches of sparkle. thanks for joning in the fun with us this week. annie x

Anonymous said...

So cute ! Great work !

Ila said...

Another Fabulous ATC!! love the scene you've created here..Super Cute!!

Suzanne said...

very cute ATC love the little birds just wish we had some sun here in the south of the Uk. Sue :o)

Erin... said...

super cute! those brds are adorable.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Fantastic ATC. I love the little birds and your torn paper for sand. Hugs, Nikki x

Godelieve said...

Fantastic! Love how you did the sand, great layering adds depth. Cute birds :)

tyrymom29 said...

Love that card SO cute!!!

Tova said...

very beautiful !!

sophia landry said...

ACKKK this is adorable!! You come up with some gorgeous ATC's. I so want to make some, and just never seem to take the plunge. Now I see this and kick myself for not going ahead and making them. Awsome!!

Frances said...

so cute, love it. (Spooky thing is I used those words on my DT ATC for tomorrow ;))x