Thursday, May 1, 2008

I think Frogs in Bow Ties are Elegant?


HA! The Papertake Weekly Challenge this week is Elegant Embossing. Well I think Frogs in Bow ties are Elegant aren't they? This stamp is a new Friendly Kritters Stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms they are called Frog Chorus. They are just in perfect tune!
I colored them with my Copics, which is really easy with these stamps. The shading is all in the stamps! The detail is wonderful. I matted with a scrap piece of brown card stock. I took a blueish color or scrap card stock and ran it through my Cuttlebug and the Music embossing folder. I inked it lightly with a colorbox cats eye ink. The plaid glitter paper is from DCWV, and is from the Spring Glitter stack. The card base is dark green Bazzil. And for a little more elegance I used a piece of wide gold wire ribbon. The sentiment is from Aud Designs. Odd colors for me, I have been using so many lighter pastel colors, but it just didn't feel right for these guys. They needed some manly colors.
I am hoping to get some projects caught up today. Plus the normal things... like the laundry.
Hope you have a great Thursday!
Card Info:
Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms, Aud Designs
Paper: Bazzil, DCWV Spring Glitter
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black, Colorbox
Accessories: Copic Markers, Spica Glitter Markers, Ranger White Gel Pen, Ribbon, Cuttlebug and Embossing Folder

19 comments:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

This card is amazing! Coloring, embossing, layinger...all wonderful!

Allison Rankin said...

Cute and fun Michelle! Thank embossing plate is cool!

Mandy said...

this is great Michelle, love the embossing and the frogs!

mandy

Richelle said...

Awesome card! The frogs are great.

BethW said...

I love it!

Debbie said...

Fab card I Love the cute frogs

Alhambra Club said...

what a great card, I LOVE that stamp and your coloring is fantastic.

tracie said...

Hi Michelle,
CONGRATULATIONS - YOU ARE THE WINNER OF MY BIRTHDAY BLOG CANDY.

Love your card is absolutely gorgeous, the froggie stamp is so cute:-)x

email me your address and I'll send you your prize xx

Heidi said...

This card is so wonderful-I love it. And the colors are so great

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

what a fun group of frogs..
i wonder what they are singing :-)
love that you added the focal point more to the right side.
that looks great
claudia

Frances said...

great manly card, love the embossing, perfect with the singing elegant frogs :)

Mrs Mayne said...

Great card! The embossing goes well with the image! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

Julie said...

a fab card, I can practically hear them singing

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the frogs

Annie said...

that is such a fun image and you've coloured those fellas perfectly - fabulous card!

SusanBluerobot said...

this is a great card (think i want to sing along with the frogs)

Beth said...

This stamp is brilliant! I love the layout and embossed music too!

jjcreations said...

This is great. I love the little frogs and I love the piece of music. Awesome. Joan

Anonymous said...

bottes ugg pas cher fkptiwsx bottes ugg ulzlthkt chaussures ugg juzgnahr ugg australia zozcbekl ugg france dopegrnc ugg pas cher sixwkbjp ugg vyradthc