Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A little Lilac, Lime and a Hee Haw Card!

Two of my favorite colors! Purple and Green, ok I also love the color combo pink and brown. But I also really love purple and green, and that is the challenge for Papertake Weekly this week. Actually it is lilac and lime, but hey that is just names of shades right? Well I decided first off that I really wanted to pull out an older stamp. Something that I haven't used in a while and don't go to right off. I found this Stampin Up Friends stamp. I don't know the real name of it as I purchased it mounted at a sale. I think it is a wonderful, sweet image. I colored it in with my Copics and highlighted with white gel pen and stickles for the rain. I matted it with pop dots on top of DCWV Embossed Nanna's Kids, and then again on a scrap of lime green card stock. The base of the card is a light lilac purple Bazzill, I
used a piece of Diane's Daughters Lime Rickey pattern paper. I wanted it to have a large ribbon, but all I had in may stash was this light weight thin green, I attached a piece of light purple dot on top of it, but it still upset me that when I attached it that it seems so flimsy... (note to self, get some Fancy ribbons! 1000+ ribbon and nothing like I wanted) I added a piece of dark purple card stock that I cut with a spellbinders buckle die, and then embellished with two light green gems. The sentiment is from My Favorite Things. Stitched the edge with my white gel pen.



My second card is just fun! I made it with the Ismaki Sketch, a fun sketch, and knew I needed a birthday card for my step-father. Ok, so I had to pull out a donkey stamp... just for some added fun. I used a white card stock for the base, I layered a piece of grey with a bright red pattern paper, sorry I don't know the maker, it came out of my scraps. I put the card on its point for something a little different, don't know if it works, but that is what I did =) The Donkey is from Whipper Snapper Designs. I collect donkey stamps, purchase everyone I find. This one just really makes me laugh so it is perfect for this card. He is colored with my Copics, and then layered on the same gray card stock. I hand wrote the "Hee Haw", then dotted the edges for a doodle like look. I used some new adhesive metal dots I got at JoAnn's last week, they are pretty neat, might have to get more of them. On the inside I wrote "that is how we say Happy Birthday" I was going to put some kind of donkey pun, but then just went for simple.
Card Info:
"I'm Here For You"
Stamps: Stampin Up, My Favorite Things
Paper: Bazzill, Diane's Designs, DCWV Nana's Kids
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Uniball Gel Pen, Stickles, Pop Dots, Spellbinders Wizard Die, gems, Ribbon
"Hee Haw"
Stamps: Whipper Snapper Designs
Paper: Bazzill, unknown pattern paper
Ink: Brilliance Graphite black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Sakura Glaze Pen, Metal Adhesive Dots

29 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Your cards are great, love the girly card and agree with you about purple and green, your donkey card is too cute, I love that stamp.

Anonymous said...

tes cartes sont très très belles !!!! fantastiques !!!

betty said...

i like this funny image and the colours, fab card!

Ila said...

Both cards are Fabuluos...the first one is just Adorable and I love the colors. The donkey one is So Cute, the papers and design for it is perfect!!

christie said...

I love the colors in your card!!! The donkey one is soooo cute!!!!

nefertiti said...

hihihi!! so cute! great work!!

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful card ! So cute ! I love the image ! Very great work !

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fabulous cards love them ,Dawnx

Allison Rankin said...

You are the queen of the faux stitch...love it!

Annie said...

love it! very stunning with the red dp and the donkey is such a cute image.

Annie said...

and I forgot to say that I love the first card too - that is my kind of image! and you have coloured it in beautifully.

Anonymous said...

wonderful card !!!!

Anonymous said...

Elle est très mignonne !!

Anonymous said...

Très marrante, bravo !!

Anonymous said...

Really lovely card! I like!

Suzanne said...

The first one is gorgeous I love this lovely image and the colouring is wonderful. The donkey one is great I just love this image it is just sooo cute. Sue :o)

Jenna said...

Ohmigosh, I LOVE your donkey card! Heeehawww :)

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

oh michelle are these cute cards.
you did fabulous.


michelle.. iam getting worried did you ever recieve my envelope???
i did sent you a high hopes stamp :-(
i hope it did not get lost in the mail
hugs

Patti Smith said...

That donkey card is just perfect....soooooo cute. That would make cool note cards for you to send out (kinda like a logo!!) love the colors on the lilac and lime card...the girls are cute too!!! Have a good Thursday!!!

Unknown said...

both cards are so funny and lovely too.
thank you for your card to my sketch on ismaki.

Anonymous said...

geniale tacarte
elel est superbe
bizzz Mu

Mrs Mayne said...

Great cards - both of them! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Great job Michelle!!! I especially love the card with the two girls! I would LOVE to know what set that stamp is from!! And what a wonderful miracle story too!!

Beth said...

These are fantastic! I love the stamps you've used on both of them!

Anonymous said...

Such a funny donkey card! Love it.

Kathy said...

Very cute!! That donkey image is so cute!! Love your pp!! Nice interpretation of the sketch!

Frances said...

Love them both. Donkey one is fab, love the colour of the paper you chose and the style of that old stamp is right up my street! x

Tania said...

ooooohhhh! I LOVE that donkeycard! It is so cute an hilarious!

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

such beautiful cards!!! love them!