Monday, May 26, 2008

Tilda's gone to the beach!

Tilda is at the beach celebrating Memorial Day. This weeks challenge at Tilda & Co. Challenge Blog is "Torn It". To tear your paper somehow on your card. Well this is one of my new Tilda's I ordered for summer, and she told me she wanted to go to the beach. What Tilda wants she gets! I started the card with a white card stock base. I used a piece of scrap blue card stock and scrap kraft brown card stock and tore piece and layered to create the ocean and the sandy beach. To high light the tears I inked with a cream color Color box catseye ink pad. Tilda is colored with my Copic Markers, white gel pen and stickled wings. The umbrella is a stamp from Stampourri! Inc. I stamped on a scrap piece of pattern paper, I think it is Conffetti paper. I stuck the handle of the umbrella into the "sand" and colored in the handle with a brown Copic Marker. The Chair and the plane are both from Rubbernecker. I stamped the chair with my Coffee Bean Brilliance ink then colored in and highlighted with Copic Markers. The plane I colored in with Spica Glitter Pens, it really sparkles in person. I love the banner that the plane is pulling. "Hope your day is full of Sunshine". Hubby said it needed some sea shells, so I found some Cloud Nine Rain Dots in white and drew on a sand dollar shape on them. I think it turned out pretty funny. Although the waves might be just a bit scary for Tilda to go to deep! Hope they like it at the challenge and Tilda arrived just in time to create this summer beach scene.

I still keep giggling at my new blog, Sara you really are fantastic! Don't forget my blog candy... you can find it HERE

I do hope that you have a chance to spend the Memorial day holiday with family, and take time to think of those that holiday is meant for. Those that have served their country and are currently serving. Have a great Monday!

16 comments:

Debbie said...

first off What a great new blog i love the kickin donkey. I love this card the little plane in the sky is cute.

tracie said...

Hi Michelle, love the fabulous new blog and donkey is great.
Your card is fabulous, love the little scene you've created, Tildas looks like shes having lots of fun.
Hope your having a good weekend :-)x

Donalda said...

That is so adorable !!!!!!
Yes just love your new look

eba said...

Congrats on your "new" blog. I love your Tilda at the beach - card. What a great idea for torn paper! :D Have a great day!!!

Jen said...

WOW! I love your card, it's amazing!
Jennifer x

Suzanne said...

Oh this is fab I just love everything it is such fun!! The bank holiday here in the Uk sadly is not beach weather.. I could have gone swimming down my road earlier in the day!! Sue :o)

Annie said...

fab card with tilda at the beach! and lovin your new look blog and the kickin donkey!

Mephisto said...

What a lovely card

Domi

Anonymous said...

Just one word Michelle:

----WOW---!!!!!

Greetings from Holland

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute card! Love the scene, the colors... the images... TFS!

Patti Smith said...

Girlfriend I am gone a few days and look what you have done...This is the most awesome blog..you know I tell everyone about it...I love the new look...she did an excellent job on it..I love the siggy..i have just been watching the little donkey dance and kick across my screen and have laughed and laughed....Michelle all I can say is WONDERFUL girl...love it

Patti Smith said...

I got so excited about seeing your new blog that I forgot to tell you that I love Tilda going to the beach...wish I could go with her!!! LOL....(((HUGS))))

Jo said...

This is adorable Michelle! Love the scene you've created.

flatis stempelwelt said...

wow, this is beautiful..... wonderful.... I love it

Hugs Sonja

Frances said...

oh wow, love this Michelle, your torn background is soo good. Your new blog is fab too - very you! x

Anonymous said...

Michelle
love your card, your donkeys are nice too!! congrats for your new toy (your camera.

MJ