Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Weird Card????

That is what hubby called my card last night when I showed it to him. Weird?
Here is the conversation:

Hubby: "The stamp is odd" then he looks and says "IS that a Tail???"
Me: "Yes dear, that it why it says "Have a tail wagging day""
Hubby: "Why does that kid have a tail?"
Me: "He is a Goblin"
Hubby looks at me oddly, then hands me the card back and says " Your color combo is really weird too..." and walks off.

Ok, now he is my best critique, and he does help me a lot with improvements, but is this card Weird? I did push the edge a bit, I really have been doing that a lot lately. Trying new things. But did I go to far into Weird? Let me know... what do you think?

I did this card for the Papertake Weekly Challenge. This weeks challenge is another of Katharina's sketches and it's another great one! I loved it as soon as I saw it. When I sat down to decide what stamp to use, I realized that I have had Magnolia's Goblin William and have never inked him. Guess he scared me a bit. So I inked him up and colored him in with my Copic Marker and highlighted with Sakura Glaze Pens. I used DCWV Nana's Nursery Boys for all of the pattern papers and followed the sketch. I then added some Cloud Nine Gel Stitches, and doodling with the Sakura Glaze Pen and Buttons. The sentiment is from Hanna's Stamps. Ok so really what do you think? Over the top? I may have another go at this challenge.....
And I have to SHOUT OUT A BIG THANK YOU!!!! Wow you are all so fabulous you really shot me over the 5000 mark! Thank you so much and keep it up I plan to visit each person's blog that links me. And for those that don't have a blog. I am trying to come up with something, never thought that part thru, I'll work on it.
If you haven't seen the blog candy see yesterdays post- and please do leave a comment.
Have a great Tuesday - it is MIL day for me. For those that don't know, one day a week I take my Mother in Law and we run all of our errands, hit the mall and where ever else is having a sale. Our shopping day. So I must go get ready. I have a couple of craft stores on my list! Thanks again!

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weird only to a man, I think. We have much better taste in "cute things!" He is adorable and the card is just perfect!

Maria's Cards said...

I love your card, I think it's fab. I think men have no idea of colour combos ( just look at how they dress themselves sometimes!!!!!) LOL. And wierd it is NOT. Love your blog. Maria x

Dawn Wheeler said...

Great card love the image and the stiching detail ,gorgeous ,Dawnx

Allison Rankin said...

I have to admit that every time I see this image, I am like WTH? I do love the coloring and your embelly choices though!

Sandy said...

Wow what a fabulous card. Love this stamp and wonderful work. Gorgeous.

Suzanne said...

All I can say is men don't get it!!! He is not weird and the colour combo is beautiful, just put it down to a man thing. Mine knows what Tilda's are but he doesn't quite get it he prefers what he understands e.g golf!!! Sue :o)

Ila said...

Your card is Fabulous!! I love the sentiment ..it is so perfect..and your coloring and colors are Wonderful!!

Cathy said...

Fab card - I love these Magnolia Goblins and am saving up for a couple. Great colours. And what does a man know anyway!!!

tracie said...

Hi Michelle, this is know where near weird - I love it. These stamps are fab and I love the colour combo. Did you get your package yet ?? Hope it arrived safely :-)x

Dawny P said...

I don't think it's weird at all (men eh!!). In fact, I really REALLY like it. Your colour choice is excellent - and I love the stitching xx

Katharina Frei said...

Your Hubby just cracked me up!! I loved the story about him looking at a "weird" kid with a tail...Thanks for sharing :)
Actually I do think that William is weird, but not because of your card...hihi
I love what you did with the sketch and I LOVE your colour combination, nothing weird about it :) All the doodling and stitching is fabulous!

Mandy said...

Well I love your 'weird' card, that's one very cute image....complete with tail and the colours look fab!!

Mandy

Beth said...

I think this is fab, I love the colour combo! The goblin is kind of weird but that's the point, right?! My boyfriend always says 'I like the card but why did you stick that button/flower/thing on!!! Men! Don't let it put you off, your cards are great!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

you made me laugh.
that could have been my husband original!!!!
i love your card very much!!!!

Kelly L said...

I don't think it is weird either. I found you through my friend, Chris. I really like the color choices, and this image is adorable.

Patti Smith said...

I don't think William is weird at all...I really like the bright colors and your color combos on this card. Aren't men funny....sometimes they just don't have a clue!!! LOL...Have a good Wednesday!!

cats whiskers said...

he is weird bot then so are men. I think he looks just right and I love your colouring
Hugs Jacqui

Anonymous said...

I love this card. haha The color combinations are great also. Sometimes men just don't get it!
You do beautiful work - very creative.

mueppi said...

Wunderschöne Karte!
Das Motiv ist ja herrlich! haha

Amanda said...

thats just men for you. i love your card. all your cards in fact :)

Annie said...

I think it's closer to pretty than weird, but then that's just me!

Tania said...

I don't think it's weird, I think it's lovely and cute!

Godelieve said...

It's a really happy card!! Yummy colors!! I like it a lot!!

Andrea, said...

Oh this is fabulous, I love William and the colours you have used are just gorgeous

Heather Huggins said...

I don't think it's weird. I think it's lovely.

Frances said...

LOL that's so funny, I can just picture it because that's exactly what my hubby does - I'll give him a card, he'll look at it make some smart comment then just hand it back to me!! (Although he does like my Magnolias but reckons he could draw me some and save me the money! - I have one of his attempts somewhere) x

Anonymous said...

Aww.. I don't think it's weird at all. I think it's very fun!! And, I think the colors actually work very well together! men. :)