Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Do Not Adjust Your Monitors...

No, do not adjust your monitors... Tilda has gone Black and White! This weeks challenge at Tilda & Co. Challenge Blog is to use Only Black and White. Well, I wasn't sure about what I was going to do, but after a few minutes of laying out everything I owned that was black and white.... I came up with this and I kind of like it! I found in my stash some Black Martha Stewart Halloween stationery cards, that I bought on clearance last year... really cheap! I then layered it with a piece of Deja Views Wedding Gray Paisley (gray is a shade of black right?). The frame around Tilda is a scrap piece of K&Co. Amy Butler paper matted with black card stock. Then I stitched around it with a Sakura silver glitter pen. Tilda was colored with Copic Markers, then high lighted with white gel pen. She is sitting, or pop dotted, on something new for me. I found these 12 inch border strips from Bazzill... oh these are really cool a package of different borders in Bazzill card stock! I purchased I think 9 different colors and they are going to be addicting. The flowers are Micheals Bridal Flowers in black with pearl iron on beads. I didn't put a sentiment on it. Thought I would use it as a note card or add something later. A challenge I didn't know how to tackle at first and I love the way it turned out. That is the great thing about doing these challenges, I try things I never would have on my own!

Ok and as promised I got a photograph of Patti for you. She is an unbelievable sweet donkey, very gentle, even with two crazy babies like Angelina and Lola running around her. Her mane is cut, that is how many keep them. I will let it grow out as I love seeing it blow in the wind. She is VERY pregnant, and should have her baby July or August (you should see her from the back!). The daddy is a wonderful stud that is also a spot. So we are hoping for a spot baby... but you never know what you will get =)

We are hoping for rain here tonight. The hay fields around here really could use it. Hope you have a great Tuesday!

Card Info:
Stamps: Magnolia
Papers: Bazzill, Martha Stewart, Deja Views, K&Company Amy Butler
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Sakura glitter pen, Micheals Bridal flowers, Pearl Iron Beads, Pop Dots.

20 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Your Tilda card is great, reminds me of swirlys. She is not due till July, August, poor dear, two more months, she looks ready now.

Allison Rankin said...

This is so dramatic...cool!

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Cute card, and even CUTER is Patti!! =)

Ila said...

Your card turned out just Gorgeous!! Who'd have thought black and white could look so great with a Tilda!
Yup! that little Momma looks very pregnant...she's beautiful...love the spots!!

Mephisto said...

Nice Card. And Patti is sweet.
Domi

Camilla said...

Wow! Great black & white card! Love your design:) Hugs, Camilla.

Aija said...

Your card lookes so cute. Very beautiful.

Anne said...

Gorgeous card, B&W, Tilda & Bazzill - HEAVEN!! xx

Jenna said...

I love your b&w Tilda- great job!

And Patti is super cute :)

sophia landry said...

Patti is so sweet!! I think you are so lucky to have such wonderful animals around you :). Also I just love your black and white Challenge card! She looks awsome in this combo. These challenges are so great for taking us out of our comfort zone and letting us extend ourselves. Bravo!!

MamaSheg said...

I love this card!!

Your donkeys are adorable too.

XOOXO ~ MamaSheg #2835

Karin said...

great card. love the black and white theme.

Annie said...

stunning black and white card with the new spring Tilda! and Patti looks a very gentle soul.

Suzanne said...

Oh she is so cute the card and the donkey!!! Sue :o)

Patti Smith said...

I did not know you had a donkey named for me!!! LOL...of course she is gentle sweet and kind and very beautiful!!! LOL...I'm having fun with this one Michelle...great card also...I love the black and white...very classy look..(((HUGS my friend!!)))

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

super card michelle

Annie said...

I absolutely adore this card - you have done a brilliant job.

Ann xxx

Frances said...

Love your blk& wht card Michelle and have to say, have been tempted by those borders too, trying to resist but you're not helping =D! Patti does look very laid back and gentle.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful card ! I love your work ! So pretty !

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

I love your card!

Julie