Friday, May 9, 2008

Cute Card with lots of Bling!


Oh I am loving the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week. Gems and Jewels.. that means bling to me! Well I pulled out one of my new Magnolias... (he he he got another order in this week!) I have seen this pretty little Tilda on so many cards and just had to have her, and she seemed so perfect to dress up with some Gems and Jewels. I colored her with my Copics, her belt buckle is done with the Spica gold glitter pen and a mini green gem for a button. The base for my card is Bazzill Bling in Pink, perfect! I then used some of the new K&Company Amy Butler papers... oh this stuff it really pretty! I picked up two different pads of it at Michael's yesterday, it is soooo wonderful and it was on sale! I chose the glittered flower and the pink and white dot and matted them both with a dark pink. I matted Tilda with the same dark pink and then a light green to match her hair bow and belt. I layered them all on the card and added a frilly ribbon. The sentiment is from My Favorite Things.. I think. I stitched and doodled the edges with my Uniball White Gel pen. I added 5 more gems down the right side, just cuz they are so pretty. I think it is pretty and definitely has lots of Bling of Gems and Jewels! Wish you could really see it, the photographs just do not sparkle like it does in real life!
I cannot believe it is already Friday! I have not accomplished near what I had planned this week. I hope you have a great Friday and a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!
Card Info:
Stamps: Magnolia, MFT
Paper: Bazzill, K&Company Amy Butler
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Making Memories Gems, Uniball White Gel Pen, Ribbon

20 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh my gosh, this is again so awesome creation from you. So lovely details. Wow wow wow.

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, great colours and your colouring is fabulous.
Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Jenna said...

She indeed is super cute!... especially blinged out! Heheh

Annie said...

wow! what a fabulous card with all the sparkle and the bling! you asked about Rock-a-Blocks, well they are a bit like acrylic blocks but lighter in weight and are slightly curved with raised edges. You fix the plain rubber stamp to them (I've sprayed the back of mine with a repositionable adhesive) then ink and use a rolling motion to stamp - breaks all the rules but it works and you don't have to press down hard so good if you have arthritus in your hands or RSI etc. They are sold her in the UK by Crafters Companion, and on Ideal World tv shopping channel!

Alhambra Club said...

this is so pretty, love the card and your coloring and layout is wonderful

Cathy said...

WOW - this is a fabulous card. Love the image, the colours and the bling.

Allison Rankin said...

Loving that glittery DP...you seriously should be on their DT! You could sell it all by yourself!

Ila said...

Wow!! Beautiful!! I love the colors and all the wonderful bling! I'll be in the city tomorrow ....have to check out that paper!

Anonymous said...

I love your card! The colours are so great, my favourites are green and pink. I really like the gems you added - they give it that little something extra. Your colouring is super too, I have never used copics before but I sure like the effect.

TFS!

Thank you for the wonderful comments on my card.

Amy Barry
a-jcreations@blogspot.com

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt aus Alsdorf said...

I`m spechless - so sweet and beautiful

Frances said...

WOW, this is gorgeous. I love those papers (why can't we have Michaels over here in the UK?!) and all that bling! Great colouring with your copics too, been tempted to get some. x

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

super cute.
you colored her face fabulous great blending with the cheeks.

the paper looks so cute with her.

michelle i got your email today.. i will respond tomorrow to it. i have a few minutes until have to leave to the hospital will be back tomorrow and have more time to write to you.
hugs
claudi

Jilli said...

Gorgeous card and beautiful papers

Patti Smith said...

Oh Michelle I think this is one of my all time favorites (do I say that every other day???) Anyway she is precious I love, love bling and glitter....Hope you have a great weekend...

Andrea said...

fab card. the papers are so great to the little tilda ..

Andrea said...

fab card. the papers are so great to the little tilda ..

sophia landry said...

This is so nice and Blingy!! I love that paper with its sparkles. And little Tilda really is cute! Awsome cards as always!

wendy said...

wow...what a beautiful card!

Debbie Olson said...

Beautiful coloring and layout, and the bling really adds!

Richelle said...

Cute card....pretty colors!