Friday, August 15, 2008

41

Yep it is 41 today... my birthday. Well Hubby is out of town and the computer crashed during a "required windows update", then would not restart at all. Great start to "MY" day huh? I prayed and begged it to come back and explained that it is my birthday and to pleeeaaaase restart. It finally, after 10 tries, restarted and said it needed to safely remove what it started. It did that and THANK YOU GOD it came back on. I so need to get a full back up today and start looking at a new computer. Now I will spend the day as I planned, laundry, paying bills, working on the books for our business and some house cleaning. Happy Birthday to me.... but Hubby will be back this evening =) OH and again I have been getting some really beautiful cards in the mail. If my computer stays happy I am going to try and get them posted so you can all see how fabulous they are!



Now my card for today is exciting! A new stamp again from Alota Rubber Stamps! "A Girl with Cat!" Isn't she cute, love the kitty she is holding. I colored her with my Copics and white gel pen, and then cut her with my circle Nestibilities. Now the challenge at Cute Card Challenge this week is Soft Furnishings. Using fabrics, ribbons, buttons anything soft that you would find in your home. Well that is just the excuse for pulling out my fabulous MOD fabric swatches. I got these at a quilt shop and they are 6x6 pieces of wonderful patterns, pricey but so worth it! Oh how I love these patterns and colors in these fabrics.
I picked two that had a country feel to them as that is what I think of this little girl in her overalls. I cut a scallop circle out of one pattern with my Nestibilities, then a larger scallop out of white cards stock to make it pop. The other piece of fabric I cut with zig zag scissors in two squares to give an appearance of a quilt top, sort of. I wanted you to be able to read the neat scrabble pieces that I found at a craft sale. Are they cute or what! I got two packages so you will be seeing these again, I love that I can spell out what I want. I doodled around the circle and stitched the edges with white gel pen. Simple, but I like how she is center and the focus. Make sure to check out all of the great new stamps at Alota! Helene has really been getting some great new art and also is stocking cling foam mount and Copic Markers now!!!



Ok, I must post this... then back up my computer! Then I want a little time to do some blog surfing - Hope you all have a great day and have time for crafting!

HUGS and-

26 comments:

Katharina Frei said...

Hi Michelle,
I wish you the best to your birthday!! Health, luck and always the right craft supply :)
I love those new Alota stamps. You did a perfect card! I also loved the Lady in Water card :)
Big Hugs
Katharina xx

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday Michelle, here's hoping your day gets better.
Gorgeous card Michelle , you've really brought that stamp to life and I love your fabric squares. Gorgeous.

Ila said...

Happy Birthday to you..Happy Birthday to you...it's not very often I am here on the actual Birthday....so am singing to you...lol.
Your card is Gorgeous!!....and I'm glad I am not the only one who talks and prays about the computer.
Have a Wonderful Day Michelle and a great Weekend!!!...sending you a Big Birthday Hug!!..Ila

Alhambra Club said...

Happy Birthday, glad you got your computer back up and running this card is lovely. Have a great day and wonderful weekend

Sara said...

Awwwww...bad computer days just plain SUCK!!!! Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to you...I'm singing with Ila. And a big birthday HUG to follow! Try to relax a little and give all those babies big pets from me and Lily.

Suzanne said...

Happy Birthday to you and tell that computer gremlin to leave you alone or you will send the girls in to sort it out!!! What a precious stamp I have resisted going to this site but I am not sure how much longer I can hold off!! Beautiful card as always and the fabrics are gorgeous. Sue :o)

Camilla said...

Happy Birthday Michelle!!<3 <3 <3

I wish you all well, and that your day will be special (after doing all the regulary work..:)).
Your card is beautiful!! Gorgeous work with the scalloped circles:)

Love from Camilla.

Anita said...

Happy Birthday! Beautiful card!

Kelly Schelske said...

Beautiful card Michelle!! I hope you have a very Happy Birthday!! All the best for a fabulous day!! Hugs, Kelly

Bev said...

Happy birthday Michelle, I hope it's been a special one.

Love the card, your colours and layouts are always fantastic

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Sorry your day started out a little rocky ... hope it gets better, and stays better the whole day through! =)

Nikki Fairbairn said...

What a great stamp Michelle, I love any stamp with a cat on, Hope you have a great day, Hugs, Nikki x

Anita said...

Happy birthday!!:)

Hope you have a wonderful day!:)

Christine said...

Happy Birthday!

I love your work, you make really nice cards! I must say, coming by here has made me fall for the Alota stamps!

Again, I wish you a beautiful day and a coming year filled with love and laughter and everything you wish for!

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday Michelle! You should have told me, I would have baked a cake *and ate it too!* Have an awesome day.
Heidi

Cecilia said...

This is very lovely card!

Hugs, Tiina

Jilli said...

Happy birthday! What a great card! Fab colours and I love the fabric. The image is so cute too!

Bunny B said...

Hope you have the best birthday ever!! Happy Birthday to YOU!! xx

Donalda said...

This is just gorgeous dear. I love it. And sorry I am a day late and dollar short with your birthday greeting. Hope you had a wonderful day dear

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Hi Michelle,
I wish you the best to your birthday!! Health, luck and always time:-)
I love all your new cards :-)
hugs
claudia

Deb said...

Happy Birthday! Your card is beautiful, love the image and fab use of the fabric! thank you for joining in the CCT challenge

Donna Baker said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Michelle! I am behind of my blog reading/commenting & missed it! I hope it was a good one & that your computer re-started, funny how dependant we are on it, huh?? cute card-love the scrabble greeting

Patti Smith said...

Sorry I missed this yesterday but I did wish you a happy on Fiskateer board...I'm just late with my blog reading. Was at the ballfield until late last night. I hope you had a wonderful day my friend....(((hugs))))

Annie said...

Happy Belated Birthday! you have made a very cute card today with that adorable Alota stamp and gorgeous fabric swatches. Hope you are having a great weekend. annie x

Trina said...

Happy Birthday Michelle!! As always, I am late again!! Hope your day was a great one!

cats whiskers said...

happy belated birthday Michelle, I love this card, that image is so cute and I adore your colouring as usual
Hugs |jacqui x