Friday, August 8, 2008

"Just the Two of Us"


Cute Card Thursday "Just the Two of Us", what a sweet theme this week. I had so many cute stamps that I was going through to use for this theme. Little animals, mice, pigs, cows, cats and so many cute little people. And then I remembered this stamp.... it is one of my stamps from my DT kit from Alota Rubberstamps, how funny and cute is it?


This is Old Friends and it is just too sweet, and perfect for the theme this week. I will be honest, I colored this first with my watercolors... didn't like it, then with my pencils.... ok I need to know those that use the new wood less pencils - what are you using for a flesh colors cuz I messed up two images trying to find the right color. So I just went back for what I was comfortable with, my Copics. I doodled the edges and double matted to match papers from the Basic Grey Euphoria papers. I stitched my small pieces down with a Spica glitter pen, and then found a large purple Prima flower for the corner. My sentiment is a pop out from Craftwork Cards and reads "Friends Forever" in Silver.


I hope Helene likes it at Alota Rubberstamps, and that they like it for the Cute Card Challenge.


Well today is a busy day... Hubby is off again today, and we are hoping to clean up a couple of donkey pens and move some around... getting ready to ween the first babies in a month or so, and to put the new Moms in with the rest of them. Irene is more that ready, she is actually a inch or so taller than Lina who is 3 months old! But I think we may hold off moving Gloria a little longer as she is just so tiny. But she does move fast so I am sure she will be fine, just me being over protective.


Have a great Friday and hope you have some crafting planned for the weekend!

Hugs and -

16 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Hi Michelle, what a fun card love the image and the papers go so well together,. Hugs Nikki x

Suzanne said...

Oh this is a really fun stamp...a few years before I look this old I hope!!! Great papers and I love your colouring I aspire to this one day. Sue :o)

Allison Rankin said...

Oh no...it's me and DH...if only we actually looked that good! Ha ha!

Heidi said...

Hee hee..... cute little card! Heidi

Anonymous said...

Love your card.

Petra said...

Hi Michelle,

I just adore your work...
Have a look on my blog...I have something for you;-)

http://pethowspapercraft.blogspot.com/

Deb said...

fabulous card, those two are so funny, thank you for joining in the CCT challenge

Sharon said...

Great card Michelle. Could be me and Rob, well in 30 years time that is!!

Karin said...

Hi Michelle.

I love the cute couple and the bright colored papers.

Have a great weekend.
xoxo Karin

Cynde said...

Cute card..love the papers. Take off the hat and a few wrinkles and that us now. hehe..

Donalda said...

Oh that is so cute !!!!!! Love all you have uploaded lately been really behind blogging

Patti Smith said...

Oh I so need that stamp....it fits Roger and I perfectly!!! LOL....Have a good weekend my friend!!

Zimtschnecke said...

Wow, what a beautiful and funny card! I love the colours and papers you have used! Fantastic work!

Hugs Bine/Zimtschnecke

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE a card with a sense of humour Michelle and this it IT! Just great! Don't work TOO hard today. Lol Lynn x

Annie said...

cute card and such an unusual stamp - it made me smile! anniei x

Ila said...

Totally Fun and Fabulous!! I love the BG papers too!...Hugs, Ila