Monday, August 18, 2008

Anyone up for hamburger?


How cute are these bugs? I just love the Alota Rubberstamp Bees! And I love that they are making lunch! This is actually called Mary Ann and Ian building Aussi and it a fun image to color. I used my Copics, white gel pen, stickles and the Diamond Glaze for all of the glass items, the bottles, the relish jar and the plate.






Now because this is a large image there really isn't room for a lot of embellishments, so I cut it out leaving a border around the art, then matted on brown kraft paper. I then cut out the mat around the art as well.




I used the sketch from Friday's Sketchers Blog Challenge as it seemed to be perfect this week for such a large image. I found in my scraps a piece of Daisy D's tablecloth pattern paper, how perfect is it! I matted with a dark red, then the again with the kraft paper. I used brown satin cording for the top, attaching on the back with glue dots. Then mounted it on a green card stock base. I also doodled around the edge. I know I do on every card lately, but it just didn't feel finished.
Now I needed a sentiment. I went through everything I had, then found this stamp from Rubbernecker Stamps. Seemed to fit well don't you think?
So it is Monday again, and we are finally expecting some decent rain here. We really have had a dry summer so we are looking forward to it. Although it is creating a sinus pressure headache that is killing me this morning! Worth it for some green grass for the donkeys. Hope you have a great day and have some crafting time!

HUGS and -

12 comments:

Suzanne said...

Great card Michelle I love this image it is such fun and great colouring as always Sue :o)

Hollie said...

Hi Michelle,
lovely card, the bee's look really cute and funny making their burger.
tfs,
hugs Holls.xx

Annie said...

fab image and love the bright colouring, and that tablecloth paper is perfect! hope you get that rain - wish I could send you some of ours - there's plenty to spare! annie x

Jill said...

fantastic card love the image and that sauce bottle looks so real Jill x

Murielle said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!
I love your composition.
Fantastic colours and details.
Marvellous scene!
Thanks for your participation FS.
Hugs Mumur

Rach said...

great fun card Michelle. great colouring. hugs rachxx

Heather Huggins said...

Love it!! That image is too cute!

Monica-FC said...

I love this image as it is so much fun. the card is truely great.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

What a great image Michelle and coloured so beautifully , Hugs, Nikki x

Frances said...

this is just too cute Michelle! perfect 'tablecloth' dp too and I love the shiny bottles! x

Ila said...

Super Cute and Fabulous!! I love the way you colored this Cute image!!...Hugs, Ila

Anonymous said...

Everything is perfect...love your card! Thanks for joining us again at friday sketchers.
Carole ;o)