Sunday, August 24, 2008

Friends to the End






It is Sarah Kay Challenge Sunday! And today there is a fun sketch to do.






For my card I decided to use my Amy Butler K and Co. papers. I love these papers but they are so bold I have a hard time using them. But I went for it and just put them together, even though I wasn't sure about it. I like how they came out. Different for me, but I like it. I used a dark green shade of card stock to match the centers of the flowers on the dark bold paper. then a shade darker than the blue paper for the mats. And followed the sketch with the placement.



I decided to use "My sweet Lili" this week, love that teddy bear, I colored with my Copics and white gel pen. I then doodled the edge of the image with black, and with my white gel pen I stitched down all the pieced. I thought the right top corner of the image needed something more so I found some bling in the same shade of blue and made a corner out of them. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink, and is cut with my oval Nestiblities. A bolder card, but I like the colors even if they did scare me at first.



Make sure and go and check out the other DT cards at the Sarah Kay challenge today, they are all so pretty again this week.



And for more Sarah Kay or Rachelle Ann Miller inspiration you could take a look at the Stampavie DT Blog. Lots of wonderful inspiration plus you can get news about Sarah Kay image, Rachelle Anne Millers wonderful images and soon Leere Aldrich stamps.



Sorry it is short today, we are running out for Sunday Morning breakfast at the local country cafe here. Hope you have a great day and take time to craft!


HUGS and-

19 comments:

Donalda said...

Oh this is just precious !!!!! Gorgeous art dear

Suzanne said...

Oh this is just so sweet and the papers look fab love the colours. Sue :o)

Jeannette said...

Your card is fab! I love the Image and the way you've coloured it.

Debbie said...

Stunning card Michelle i love it.
Hugs Debbie x

Allison Rankin said...

Very cute!

Camilla said...

Ohh wow Michelle!! This is sooo beautiful!:) Love the papers, and your colouring is amazing!!
Hugs, Camilla.

Rach said...

fabulous card Michelle. xx

Kathy said...

Love your card!! YOur coloring is fab and these papers are so pretty!! Nice interpretation of the sketch!! :)Kathy

kes said...

hope you enjoyed your breakfast.
lovely card as always
kes
x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

This is really pretty Michelle, the image is just gorgeous and coloured so beautifully, I love the doodles and dashes and the fab dp, Hugs, Nikki x

Classroomfree said...

This is fabulous! I love the papers :o)

Ila said...

Totally Beautiful Michelle!! your coloring and choice of papers is Wonderful!!...Hugs, Ila

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

get out . .. this is amazing michelle.
you rock with these stamps!
hugs
claudia

debby4000 said...

Oh wow this is stunning, gorgeous colours and I love the matching Sarah Kay.

debby4000 said...

Oh wow this is stunning, gorgeous colours and I love the matching Sarah Kay.

diane zechman said...

adorable!!!

Donna Baker said...

precious card, Michelle!

Lim said...

Beautiful cards. Loooove the colors and all the details.
Hugs,
LIM

Line said...

fabulous colours and design! I love your card!