Tuesday, August 12, 2008

shhhh a secret... Spoon Full of Sugar!





No I don't have a real secret, but the challenge this week at a Spoon Full of Sugar is to have a hidden/secret message on your card. How fun is this! Love how creative the DT's were, lots of neat ideas. Make sure to take a look!



For my card I had fun with one of Hanglar stamps... I so want more of these stamps!!!! I only have three... and that is thanks to my special friend Claudia! Thank Girlfriend for sharing with me or I wouldn't have any! I love this little bumblebee girl, I stepped outside of the box on her this time and colored her with lots of different things... my Copics, my Koh-I-Noor pencils, my gel pens and a bit of Sakura glaze pens, but you can't see that well from the photograph. I love my new pencils... I just still can't figure out a flesh color with the 24 choices, so I used my Copic markers for that! Until they have a bigger set with a decent color that may be my only choice.





I cut her out with my oval Nestibilities and a larger mat from dark brown. I then cut a second larger dark brown oval and a smaller pink oval... that is my secret message spot! I love the stamp sentiment, and I have rarely used it. It is from stampin up, I just don't know which set as I purchased it at a scrap sale.


How fabulous is the pattern paper? It again is from Daisy Bucket Designs, one of the 12x12 papers with four 6x6 designs, that makes them sized perfect for cards. I just cut a bit off the edges to fit the card base, and added the flowers in the bottom corner. Are those brown and white flowers with the designs the coolest. I don't know who makes them as they too were a gift from my buddy Claudia... wow double mention on this post she is a super special friend isn't she! I doodled around the oval and put it together with a large pink brad and done! I like this one... may be the pink and brown though...I am a sucker for those colors you know.






Now run over to A Spoon Full of Sugar and see the rest of the DT cards and make your own secret message card, it is so much fun!


Donkey Update: Well I thought I would let you all know that Patti and Irene have been moved from the Momma pen into the large pen with Raffie and his other girls. Raffie is my adorable smiling donkey that is a spot as well, so we are hoping for the future to have more spots. Years from now 3 to be exact... Irene will be bred with Raffie as well, he is not her daddy we purchase Patti bred from another breeder, we just got super lucky to have another spotted girl for our future. Things went well with the move... not to stressful. But later in the morning Irene got to close to someone... she got kicked in the face. She is ok, just a good sized scrape right down her nose. Poor baby, she is a tough cookie though and a big girl so I am sure she will be out there with all the rest soon kicking back. But for today she is sticking close to Mom and letting her do the protecting. This is all so new for the 16 day old!


Have a great Tuesday and get some crafting done!
HUGS and-

18 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your colouring of this cute Hanglar stamp is just fabulous Michelle, I love the design for your secret message, Hugs, Nikki x

Suzanne said...

I Saw it over on the challenge blog this morning and thought how totaly cute it was I love it.
I have left you an award on my blog I expect you already have it but I do love your blog. Sue :o)

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

my word.. this is not only sweet.. it is clever at the same time :-)
love this idea!
hugs
claudia

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous Michelle i love the hanglar image and how you have hidden your secret message.
Hugs Debbie x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Michelle and fab 'secret' idea :)

Hugs, Marlene x

Arline said...

This is fab Michelle! Gorgeous! Your colouring is fab and those papers are gorge 2! I love this stamp too! Hope this one is going to be available on FunkyKits! Can hardly wait!! xx

Toni said...

what a gorgeus card! i love all your designs, hope you don't mind i've added you to my blog list! x

Annie said...

what a fabulous card you've made with that cute Hanglar girl! and lovin those papers, I'll have to go on another paper shop soon! thanks for telling us about the donkeys - just waiting to here about my favourite, Gloria! annie x

Heidi said...

All you ladies with these fancy secret messages, I have to learn to do these. I love them and this little one is sooooooo sweet! Heidi

Gail S. said...

Love this card and how you open it up for the sentiment!! You are too clever! Also, love the little girl on the front. Thanks also for the update on your "babies" Hope things are getting better.

Donalda said...

Love your card dear, I think that is one of my favorites from hanglar

Patti Smith said...

Love the hanglar stamp...must run over and check the rest of the "hidden messages"!! cute, cute idea.....Love, love the card and colors...glad to get the update on the babies...glad Irene is okay poor baby....have a good Wednesday!! (((HUGS))) Patti

Sharon said...

Gorgeous secret message card Michelle. Love it! Aw poor Irene glad she is ok now.

Deb said...

fabulous card Michelle, it is so pretty, love the stamping and the secret message is hidden so well!

Bubbles said...

Such a pretty card Michelle, love the colours and how you swing the image to reveal a great message!
Joanne x

Frances said...

I love this one too! gorgeous colour combo and your colouting on this is fab! xx

Trina said...

Adorable Michelle!! Love the image, and your coloring can't be beat! Great secret message too!

Ila said...

I love this card...your coloring of this sweet image..and the composition is totally Fabulous!!...Hugs, Ila...(for some odd reason I haven't been getting updates)..I have so much to catch up on.