Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wednesday ----






I am starting to get somewhat caught up. Not the house, the laundry, and that is always one step forward, two back. But getting a few things on my to do list done.





My first card is catching up from last week. I adored the sketch from Papertake Weekly challenge last week. And here it is late, but I just had to share it as Katharina's sketches are always brilliant, but I just especially loved this one.





I used one of my favorite Tilda's and Basic Grey Boxer papers. Tilda of course is colored in my Copics, white gel pen and Sakura glaze pens. I doodled the edges, all of the mats are the dark patterned paper from the collection, but you can't tell that in the photograph.






I used some vintage items like the lace for the scallops and a wooden token for the circle that I stamped with a Stampin Up Happy Birthday sentiment. I am happy, and I will be using this sketch again! Now to get this weeks challenge done before the week!



There are new stamps at Alota Rubber Stamps!!!!! You can see all of them HERE. Oh and Helene also has Copic Ciao Markers!




These are just so cute! And funny! If you haven't seen them you must run over and take a look! I got mine in the mail and went straight to my desk, mounted and stamped and had to make a card! The first stamp I used was "Lady in Water" Alright now this might just be the fact that I truly love my Magnolia Tildas... but doesn't this lady look like Tilda all grown up? And I love the fact that she isn't a twig. I mean I have Bellas and I think they are fun, and I have MFT stamps and she is cute too. But I can say this... I am a Full Figured Girl... and I love that these new stamps are some ladies with "love handles"! And there is one really cute balding, hairy chested wading dude too. And many other really cute figures.



Now to the card I made. I colored her with my Copics, white gel pen and a very light coat of stickles on the water. For the layout of the card I used this weeks sketch at Raspberry Ribbons Kits Blog. This is their second sketch and they are really great sketches, if you like using sketches check them out. I used a piece of Sassafrass Lass pattern paper, with that fabulous scalloped bottom. I have been hoarding these papers, I really have to love what I am doing before I cut into them! But love the way it turned out, very summery. The sentiment is also from Alota Rubber Stamps! And is just perfect with the image.
I am off, I would like to catch up on a few blogs and then I need to do at least a top layer of the house cleaning, before Hubby needs me to help him with something. So have a great Wednesday, and hope you have time to craft today!
HUGS and-

15 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow fantastic Michelle. Love the lady in the water. Can't wait to get mine, bit longer wait though. It's great what you have done with the new stamps. Love it!!

Pink Blossom Creations said...

What a fun and bright card... Love it
Thanks for using our sketch

Caroline (raspberry-ribbons) x

Bev said...

Oh Michelle, I am so in love with your cards, your colouring is just divine!!!

Marcel Frei said...

I really like the colors and coloring on the first especially on the first card.

Bubbles said...

2 fab cards the Papertake card is lovely the colours you have used are lovely and your colouring is fab, the lady in the water image is so much fun.
Joanne x

Suzanne said...

Pretty and funny.. the first one is just gorgeous and although I don't own this Tilda (I am lucky enough to have been sent some stamped images) she is also one of my favorites and a joy to colour. And the second one is just soo funny!! Sue :o)

Heidi said...

THAT tilda is adorable and you did a MAG job coloring her.
The full figure gal is awesome and I think that you are right- it is tilda all grown up! ha ha..... love it and the sentiment is just adorable. Heidi

Frances said...

brilliant Michelle! tilda is so pretty and your second card is very bright & funny! Your comment about my ATCs and notting hill made me smile as I had the same thought too as I was making them!!! xx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Both are fabulous cards but the second is just so funny. I love the bright colour scheme too, Hugs, Nikki x

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

what a wonderful card my friend.
did i ever tell you that i got that magnolia stamp only because of you?
i saw once a card you have made with her and after that i needed her!
hugs
claudi

Gail S. said...

Wonderful cards! The second one really made me laugh but the first one is just beautiful! I love them both!!

Patti Smith said...

Oh I love the "bathing beauty"...I'm with you I like the fact that she is not a twig...more to love right!!!LOL...Of course I think I will always love the little Tilda's. Have a great Thursday girlfriend!!!!

Anonymous said...

Amazing cards, love Tilda and your alota card...so funny!
Carole ;o)

Annie said...

great cards, Tilda is adorable, but I do so love that big momma - now that's a real woman! annie x

Heather Huggins said...

Oh she gorgeous!!! I love that she's not a size 2 like me also.