Friday, August 22, 2008

A Bright Get Well Card

I love bright and cute Get Well cards. They bring a smile... and this image also brings a smile. This weeks challenge at Cute Card Thursday is to use bright colors in making your card. Well check! I did that.


I love this image. I don't know who the maker is as it was sent to me by a very sweet friend. I colored it with my Koh-n-noor pencils and mineral spirits. I really love these pencils they are so vibrant! I still just wish they came in more than 24 colors. I high lighted with my white gel pen. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. I colored first... then went to look for paper, I rarely do this, but was lucky how perfect is this piece of Sassafrass Lass paper? I have hoarded these papers for so long, love the scalloped edge. But I am getting better at using my stash. I matted the pattern paper with a bright blue before attaching to an orange card stock for the base. I matted the image with the same blue. My ribbon is from Heidi Grace, and the felt flower and leaves are from Creative Imaginations. The brads are also from Creative Imaginations how cool are they? They come with the matching ribbon tab. I doodled the edge of the card with both white gel pen and a blue Sakura glaze pen.





Tonight is a midnight crop at my LSS. Although with the Olympics on I haven't been getting to bed much earlier than that anyway. Hope you have something fun planned for your weekend. We have rain in the forecast, but that doesn't matter to me cuz I'll be cropping... and then Saturday I have a class at a different LSS. I haven't taught a class there before. I have done a Fiskar's training there and I know the owner, Hi Susan! But this will be my first "real" class. I hope they like my stuff - Oh and this is where I got the felt flowers... so I will be stocking up on more of those! I know everything revolves around my shopping. =)



Have a great Friday,

HUGS and-

14 comments:

Suzanne said...

What a beautful bright and cheerful card gorgeous colours. The stamp is my favourite High Hopes Angel and I use her lots. Sue :o)

Andrea, said...

Fabulous cheery card, I love the image and the fab papers. Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Debbie said...

What a fab bright and cheery card Michelle,
Hugs Debbie x

Allison Rankin said...

Great creation!

Annie said...

love the bright colours on your get well card Michelle - you could enter it for the Dutch Dare too as they want a get well card this week. annie x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

I love the bright dp and the flower, I love this image and have this one on order, Your colouring is gorgeous, Have a great weekend, Hugs, Nikki x

CraftyC said...

A great card, I love how you've shaded around the image
Clairex

Jilli said...

Gorgeous get well card. Love the image and the papers are fab. Jillix

Deb said...

beautiful card Michelle, I love the cute image and fabulous colouring, thank you for joining in the CCT challenge

Monica-FC said...

I would have to agree there about how nice and cheery this card is. i love the brightness of it. i also love the image also. that is one cute image I must say for letting a person how much you care when they are sick.

Donalda said...

This is just beautiful dear. The colors are just awesome

jjcreations said...

Too cute, too cute. Love the colours and the paper! Joan

Bev said...

Oh this is just amazing Michele, love it!!
hugs Bev x

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

hei michelle.. your card is just beautiful.
love the embellies and coloring
hugs
claudia