Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Sketch for Sarah Kay Challenge Sunday -








Wow this week flew by! It is already Sarah Kay Challenge Sunday, and this week there is a fun sketch to work with. I used Picnics of Daisies this week... she is one of my favorite 9 Sarah Kay Stamps. HA!









She is colored with my Copics and white gel pen. I doodled the edge of the image and matted her with a green scrap, all cut with my Nestibilities oval. I then pulled out one of my favorite collections of paper. DCWV Nanna's Baby Girls collection . I followed the sketch and picked a few patterns and sewed them down with a pink thread. I found a piece of vintage ribbon to used for the band on the right, it is hard to see but it has sheer edges and pink scalloped edges. I used two Prima flowers and leaves and a Doodlebug flocked brad on the bottom corner, it just needed a pop of a flower I thought. My sentiment is from Hanna Stamps and is punched out with SU word punch.



Make sure to check out the Sarah Kay Challenge Blog and see the other DT cards... these other ladies are really talented and I love their work! And Amy at my local Scrapbook store, The Scrapbook Corral, has a few of these for sale in her store..yep here in the USA~ just email her at amyhowell@thescrapbookcorral.com and she can get you prices and what is still available!

Have a great Sunday!

HUGS and -

11 comments:

Annie said...

another gorgeous card from Sarah Kay, I am loving these stamps too! and that little piece of ribbon is so pretty and perfect too! annie x

Suzanne said...

Beautiful card again and awesome colouring as usual, so nice to see pictures of the Donkey's yesterday. I have just found some SK images that Maria kindly sent so I am going to have a go. Sue :o)

Donalda said...

Oh I just love this dear. Your cards are just gorgeous

Ila said...

This card so Gorgeous and the sketch is Wonderful!!

tracie said...

gorgeous card Michelle, I love it. The image is so cute and your colouring is fab as always :)x

Jill said...

gorgeous card Michelle, I just love your colouring in and attention to detail Jill x

Unknown said...

A beautiful card with a very lovely image. Lovely to see the donkeys in yesterday's post too! Lol Lynn x

Heidi said...

WOW what a beautiful card you have made-love everything about it!

Hugs from
Heidi

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Beautiful card Michelle, love the cute image which you have coloured superbly. Hugs Nikki x

Kathy said...

O Michelle I love this card!! Everything I see these papers I fall in love all over again. They are just so pretty!! AND I LOVE that ribbon you used it popped right out at me!! Lovely card:) Kathy

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, lovely papers and colouring :)

Marlene x