Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Spoon Full of Sugar all in Ribbons - and a House Mouse image!

YEA it is Tuesday and time for a Spoon Full of Sugar challenge! And before I get to this weeks challenge - WOW thanks so much for the Amazing response to the challenge, there were a bunch of cards submitted this past week and it seems that the news of being able to use any brand of stamp was very well received! Thanks and I hope that this week you have just as much fun... it is a great challenge. Ribbon.... now common I know we all have miles and miles of ribbon. It is one of my favorite things. I have literally hundreds and hundreds of different ribbons. The challenge this week is to pick three ribbons and use them on one card. Oh and the prize this week! There is a great sparkly prize this week which has been very kindly donated by Bryony from Silly Monkey Crafts. Silly Monkey Crafts now have Stickles in stock in lots of fabulous colours. And the winner will receive 5 bottles! Now that is just too cool!



I was lucky to have a chance this week to use a Rakle image, I have been seeing these tall images on a few of my favorite blogs and was thrilled when I got a chance to use one of them. I loved coloring her, with my Copics matching her to the K&Company paper I had picked to use. Now placement... hmmm she is really tall! I tried a million different ways to put her on the card. I can see where a 5x7 card would have been really much easier with her. But I had cut all of my papers and card stock for a 6x6 so I was going to make it work. I finally decided on putting her to the left and then using a Quickutz flourish die cut coming from behind her. My three ribbons, which is the purpose this week, I wanted to use really different ribbons. Not matching in anyway but was trying to figure out how to use them was a struggle. I was making tabs off the image, corners, crossing... you name it. Then I grabbed them all at once and saw that they might look good stacked. The bottom layer is a very delicate silk ribbon in the same shade at the melon colored card stock. The next layer is a green that is similar to the pattern paper, and then I just loved the very tiny black stitched. I think it ended up matching really well. The sentiment is from SU and is cut with my Fiskars circle squeeze punch and then colored the edge with a Copic. I hope you give the challenge a try this week and make sure to take a look at the DT cards... really fabulous!
My second card was just so much fun! Last week
I told you about the brand new House Mouse Challenge Blog. Well guess what.... I was randomly chosen as last weeks winner!! Pretty darn cool huh! I won a brand new Magnolia stamp and ribbon and brads! Well this weeks challenge is to Lace it up! To use lace somehow on your card. I went thru all of my House Mouse stamps and again wanted to use one that had not been stamped before. I purchased a bunch of them during a sale online months ago and just love them decorating my craft area. Well now they are actually being used! I just loved this girly image... and it was perfect to add lace to.
I stamped the image and then colored with my Copics. And yes... I worked on it forever! But I am happy with my first time coloring this one. I picked a K&Company paper that was in the same green as the card stock and has the cutest little flowers on it. I then layered with white and green card stock and the image with pink and white card stock and then sewed everything together. I pulled out some vintage scalloped lace attached and then created a band for the top of the lace with pink and green satin ribbons. I found my pearl iron on beads and glued them down on top of the lace to go with the the pearls on the dresser. For the sentiment, I didn't want anything that would overpower all that was going on... this is a busy card. I found the words Embrace Happiness in my Papertrey Ink set at love how it fit on the bottom right corner of the image. And don't you think that is exactly what these three mice are doing?
Hubby is still gone fishing, so I was out early this morning to do the donkey chores on my own. I don't mind doing all the feeding and watering, but it is usually when I do lots of hugging and loving, while he is "working". I try and do both at the same time, but I will love when he is back to take over again! Hope you all have a great Tuesday! I am off to do some blog hopping while eating breakfast and then to try and get something completed today!
HUGS and-

29 comments:

Emma said...

Wow!! another stunning card. Thanks for joining in with HM&F and hope your prize doesn't take to long to get to you. x

Debbie said...

Gorgeous cards Michelle I love them both they are so cute.
Hugs debbie x

Lim said...

WOW Michelle, both cards are beautiful. I love them!
The first card is gorgeous but the second card is cute, funny and sweet. That little mouses and the pearls in the bottom are just fabulous.
You are so talented!
Hugs,
LIM

Annie said...

two more fabulous cards Michelle! I must admit to lovin' the house mouse one the best, so beautifully coloured and the lace and pearls just make it so pretty! glad the card got to you ok and Gloria got her hug! annie x

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Wonderful cards...but I have a weakness for House Mouse and I love, love, love what you did with that one!

cats whiskers said...

Two Absolutely Stunning Cards again Michelle, I so admire your colouring especially on the House Mouse image, I love both of them.
How are the "babies"
Hugs Jacqui x

Stacy Morgan said...

Congrats again on the win, great HM card. Your coloring is wonderful and I love the lace with the pearls. Glad you got to play again.

Suzanne said...

Two more stunning cards I love the Rakle image oh to be so slim!!! and your colouring on the cute house mouse stamp is fabulous love the lace. Sue :o)

Alhambra Club said...

You have done it again, these cards are FANTASTIC, love your coloring and your details are wonderful

Sharon said...

Two great cards Michelle. I have the same problem with the tall girls I'm too used to doing square cards. But she looks good!
Love, love the HM stamp didn't see that there was a new challenge blog though so I'll hop over and have a look. Gorgeous card Michelle and it made me chuckle.

Sharon said...

Two great cards Michelle. I have the same problem with the tall girls I'm too used to doing square cards. But she looks good!
Love, love the HM stamp didn't see that there was a new challenge blog though so I'll hop over and have a look. Gorgeous card Michelle and it made me chuckle.

Camilla said...

Woow Michelle!! Both your cards are stunning!! That Rakle is tall:) But she looks great on your card! And love how you have coloured her! And the house mouse stamp is just adorable!
Hugs, Camilla.

Trina said...

Awesome cards this week Michelle!! (not that all your cards aren't awesome...cause they are!!) Love the cute Rakle image..I have some too, and am just starting to play with these beauties!! Love the colors and your ribbon, Great job! And house mouse are one of my favorites too!! Great job!!

Donalda said...

Oh Michelle your cards are just gorgeous!!!!!! The house mouse stamp is just so cute lol

Dawn said...

Hi there
Your cards are so beautiful and well done on winning last weeks challenge!
I just love what your are doing withyour beloved donkeys. I love animals..

Lene said...

Hi Michelle,

It's a very lovely card u have created. I have som Rakle stamps my self and I love to use them. Their funny sizes gives us some challenges...

Thanks for letting me follow your blog.

Heather Huggins said...

Super cute!! That is too funny that we used the same image 2 days in a row...:) Hopefully you'll be joining our challenge since you have a Rakle stamp!!!

~* Jay Jay *~ said...

I really like both cards, but love the colours from the second one =) I really forgot to take part in the HM challenge :( I have so many HM stamps, hope that I will find the time to join the fun this time!

Allison said...

gorgeous card and image
AllisonX

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Beautiful cards Michelle, i love the cute Rakle image and the Mouse card is beautifully coloured as always. Hugs Nikki x

Bubbles said...

Fab ASFoS card the Rakle image is great, she is so tall, just love that swirl!!
Adore your House Mouse card, your colouring is amazing, so gorgeous!
Joanne x

Lori Barnett said...

those are some awesome card girlie!! That HM stamp is to die for!!! How totally cute :)

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

two absolute darling cards sweetie.
hugs
claudi

sumbine said...

Awesome card and beautiful coloring of this difficult image!

Diana said...

Ive never heard of Iron on Pearls ..where would you find those ..
they are WONDERFUL as are your cards
thanks

Diana said...

Ive never heard of Iron on Pearls ..where would you find those ..
they are WONDERFUL as are your cards
thanks

Patti Smith said...

Oh I love, love house mouse...I saw that you won and left you a congrats over at that website....your card was amazing as always. I think this is one of my favorites with the pearls...oh aren't they just prissy pretty girls!! LOL....I have about 3 house mouse stamps so I need to build up my stock!! LOL..

Carolyn Bounds said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card!! Everything is absolute PERFECTION with a capital P. Your coloring is impeccable...the layout perfection...and the sewing superb! Gorgeous!

Alison said...

Stunning cards love them.