Monday, August 11, 2008

Miss You -



Ever struggle with a sketch? I love Bea's sketches, she has more talent in her little finger than I do. I loved this weeks Friday Sketchers project, and was so excited about trying it because it is so different, but since Friday I have been moving things around on this card and it just isn't working. I finally gave up, and just stuck it down. I have come to the conclusion that it is the paper I am not happy with. Ok so here it is out there in the world for all to see, what do you think?
I started with my Sweet Ebony Flowers image, just love that large flower she is holding, that and I love watering cans! I colored her with my Copics, white gel pen and Sakura Glaze Pens.
The pattern paper is from Daisy Bucket Designs, have you see the cool new papers they have that are 12x12 but have 4 different 6x6 papers on one side of the paper, really a great idea! And I really love the patterns and colors, just didn't work for me with this card. The papers have a brown and bright blue color in them, and are two sided so they were perfect for this sketch.
I matched the ribbon with the blue in the paper and the base of the card, and a large darker blue flower that was in my stash. And I do love that mother of pearl button! The sentiment is from Fiskars. I doodled around the edge with a glaze pen trying to help it for me....
Well Hubby is off today, he is going to start really working on the house. We are adding a small area on the back, I need some space to store Hubby's "stuff". Fishing Poles, Bags of Fishing Tackle, you know guy stuff. And he is working on my Laundry area. Then next year... all fingers and toes crossed... he will add a space and front porch on our house. The space.... a 10x20 craft space!!! All mine, not a corner in the bedroom!
Hope you have a great Monday!
HUGS and-

15 comments:

Annie said...

well done you for doing the sketch - I've not even started mine yet, but seeing the papers you've used has given me an idea! I'll go and fish mine out right away! annie x

LOUISE said...

Your card is fab! Lovely colours. LOuise x

Diana said...

Sence I have found you and your blog ,I dont think I have ever seen anything NOT GREAT that you have done ..You have more talent in your pinky finger than I do ,,lolI wish I could jsut put something down and it would look that good ,,
You go GirlFriend The Fairy of Good Taste is on your shoulders
Diana

Diana said...

P.S.
LOL can you tell me where to get nice papers online ..I kinda like the shabby chic type look and where can you get that wdmc or whatever it is called I have to do it online as Im Isolated no store...

Ila said...

Totally Gorgeous!! I love this card!!....Hugs, Ila

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Stunning card Michelle and I love the gorgeous bloom. I have something for you on my blog as you know how much I love yours! Hugs, Nikki x

Suzanne said...

Well done it is beautiful I haven't even attempted it!! I want to start distressing some of my cards but it frightens me I don't know where to start!!! but I just love the look. Sue :o)

Jill said...

gorgeous card Michelle, love the stitching detail you have put on the trousers and fab colouring Jill x

Jill said...

gorgeous card Michelle, love the stitching detail you have put on the trousers and fab colouring Jill x

Patti Smith said...

Well since I am one of you biggest fans I don't think any of your cards are less than wonderful...I really, really like the paper and the ribbon and flower...you know it reminds me of a lolliepop or a swizzle stick candy....I really like it. The other card is very pretty to. I like the torn look and the mother of pearl button...I'm excited to hear about you "pending" craft room....have a good tuesday!!

Karin said...

Hi Michelle,

you've done well on the sketch.
love the papers and your coloring is fabulous.

I have a little something on my blog for you.

xoxo karin

Frances said...

this is lovely Michelle but I know what you mean about this sketch. I haven't attempted it yet! You did a great job and I love that DP. How exciting about your craft space - can't hubby do that first before the laundry bit, surely got your priorities wrong there heehee;)?!!! xx

Unknown said...

oh michelle your card is really wonderful and so cute. your coloration is so wonderful and in combination with the papers so great.
thank you for your entry to my sketch at friday sketchers.
love, bea

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

absolutely wonderful.
your coloring is just amazing.. the way the pants are colored and especially the watering can.
fantastic
hugs
claudia

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, I looove the papers, they look fabulous!
Carole ;o)