Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Ma Cherie!

I think this stamp is hysterical. I am having so much fun with these Alota Rubber Stamps they are just too cute and some are so funny, perfect for my friends and family. This is Ma Cherie... and this is my idea of how to spend the perfect birthday... PJ's, relaxing, watching your favorite chick flick (that you have to imagine) and eating your favorite candies brought to you by your honey. Ha! This of course would make a great Valentine card to.
I had fun coloring with my Copics and white gel pen. I was sitting here all alone, other than the dog and cat Hubby is still gone fishing, anyway I was laughing as I was coloring... especially when I got to her belly and then painted her fingernails, toenails and her blue eyeshadow!

I made sure to sew down the edges of the image to the mat, that way it qualifies for this weeks Papertake Weekly Challenge, but that was no biggie for me, as I love using my machine. I found a piece of pattern paper in my stash that has the same colors and I loved the dots. I sewed it down to the same color green mat and stamped with an Alota Rubberstamp Happy Birthday stamp... love the handwriting look and the hearts! I didn't think I could add much more to the card as it is such a busy image, but did find two Creative Impressions felt flowers with glitter brads to just make it a bit more girlie and match the pink base and of course match that pink sofa!
Well I just got a call from Hubby and he is coming home tonight! YEA! But sad for him to miss a day, but that happens sometimes. Better get my day going and get my list of things done today, I have a few projects I want to work on and can't get to them until my list is all checked off... Have a great day and I hope you have some time to craft today too -
HUGS and-

22 comments:

Jingle said...

This is too cute! The Polka Dots are a perfect fit for the image!

Sammie said...

This is just sew adorable. I love it.
SammieJay x

Karin said...

Hi Michelle,

this stamp is so very funny, i love it.
Great hoe you sew your card together. I think I have to take some lessons in sewing.

Have a great day.
xoxo karin

Suzanne said...

This is just the funnist stamp and I love what you have done with it your colouring is amazing.Love it. Sue :o)

Sharon said...

Fantastic card Michelle. I laughed when I saw it, this could be me when Rob goes away, I take over the settee!!
Love the colouring , stitching everything!

Unknown said...

wonderful

Alhambra Club said...

OMG, what a fantastic card, love that stamp, great card, wonderful coloring.

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

this totally cracks me up.
you are making the most fantastic cards with these frogs.!!!
super michelle
hugs
claudi

Wendy said...

Cute card
Wendy x

Mandy said...

Another great creation, I love the amount of detail you add to your cards, and the colouring is just fantastic.

Mandy

Rach said...

hehe, what a super card Michelle, I am afraid though that your frog is way to sophisticated for my poor pond frogs...she even has her nails painted!
Brilliant image,colours and layout...hugs rachxx

Annie said...

aw that card made me smile! what a fun image that is, and love the fancy stitching! annie x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh this is so funny Michelle, Love it! I love the Happy birthday stamp, Great layout and love the stitching too, Hugs, Nikki x

Jill said...

fab card Michelle I just love that image it's great Jill x

Bev said...

Have to agree Michele, the image is just brilliant - love it!! Brilliant card too, the stitching is so perfect.

hugs Bev x

Anita said...

Beautiful card!

Donalda said...

Oh this is just so adorable dear. I think it is so darling. Gorgeous work dear.
Oh I left something for you on my blog dear

Angie Parrish said...

This is so cute.

Thanks for sharing!
Angie

Patti Smith said...

Oh my goodness these are too cute. My idea of a great birthday too!!! Love the way you are sewing your cards..that is so much fun too isn't it....have a good thursday girlfriend....did hubby catch any fish??????

Kim Dellow said...

That is really cute. Kimx

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

again.. i dont even know anymore what to tell you my friend.

how do you come up with all this? I LOVE IT!!!
hugs
claudi

Anonymous said...

Just so funny Michelle...fabulous card and your stitching is amazingly perfect!!!
Carole ;o)