Saturday, August 23, 2008

Wet Donkey Saturday

Well today it is a wet Donkey Saturday, everyone is wet and muddy. We had another inch of rain last night and more expected today. I went out this morning and got a few photos of some very nasty donkeys. Lets just say I didn't get my normal morning Donkey hugs this morning. Just some pats on their heads.

First is a sad photo... poor Irene, she is a very happy active donkey and loves to roll in the mud. But the poor thing keeps getting some sort of rash on her face. And because she is so light and keeps loosing her hair on her face she gets sunburned. We put medicine on it, and she goes straight out to the grass and rubs it off. This morning she ran over to greet me at the fence, wet, muddy but ready for love....



I don't think I have ever introduced you to Toffee and Coffee. These are two boys we purchased this last spring to sell. They are really sweet, a little skittish still, but that is our fault. We didn't have a pen to put them in with other donkeys that didn't have a Jack in it. And that would be not wise, as the Jack probably would have beat up on them. So they have been in a pen all on their own. But as of next week they will have a few pregnant girls in with them, and that should tame them down even more. And yes they are wet and that is mud all over them. I like when I sell my donkeys that they are beyond tame. They may not be super on a lead and trained and ready for a show, but they will come to you, enjoy being rubbed on and love to have treats fed to them. Usually spoiled rotten generally. =)


Now I had to show you some close up photos of Coffee... you see he is a gorgeous dark donkey. Oh and Patti, Irene's Mom, is his Mom too. Coffee has the longest ears. In fact Hubby calls him ears. Isn't he adorable!

Well it was a long night, and I need to get dressed and get my stuff for my class and get on the road. My Sister is going with me, I need to pick her up on the way and it is about 45 minutes to the class. So I am off - Hope you have a wonderful Saturday and get to craft some!
HUGS and-

12 comments:

~* Jay Jay *~ said...

Oh I really love your donkeystories, thanks for telling and showing us the cute pics! Poor Irene with her sunburn, hope she will be better soon. I really had to laugh as I read that she rubs off the medicine ;) Cute donkey.

Have fun in your class today!

Christine said...

They are just so adorable, especially ears!!! I love their names, Toffee and Coffee! Promise to give them kisses from me, ok?!
Hugs Christine

Heather Huggins said...

They are still cute even all wet and muddy!!

Angie Parrish said...

Thanks for the great pictures of the donkeys. They are so cute. I love ears!!

LaVerne said...

Enjoyed today's class so much...thanks for being such patient teachers...I love learning new techniques that I will actually USE...the donkeys are soooo dang cute, they just make you smile...and blog banner and artwork is amazing...I'm signing up to subscribe so I can keep up with the donkey antics.

Unknown said...

I love your donkey photos Michelle! Coffee has the MOST wonderful ears. I do hope the weather improves for you all very soon. Lol Lynn x

Chris (catt871) said...

They are all adorable!! I love Coffee's ears!!! I have left you an award on my blog & I posted a pic of my blog candy winnings from your blog!! Thanks again!
Chris

Sharon said...

Aw poor Irene, she looks so sorry for herself. Coffee's ears are amazing, so big! TFS. They are all adorable.

debby4000 said...

I do love your donkey pics, look forward to the weeks episode.

Annie said...

thanks for sharing the donkey photos with us Michelle. Toffee and Coffee look very sleek boys, despite the mud! annie x

Heather "Hev" said...

Ahhh what cuties and I love the names - toffee and coffee - definite cuteness there!!

Heather "Hev" said...

Ahhh what cuties and I love the names - toffee and coffee - definite cuteness there!!