Thursday, August 7, 2008

Penny Black, Sarah Kay and GATO!

First card today is a fun card for the Penny Black Challenge Blog. Theme this week is no pink, oh my no pink? ha! I used an image sent by a dear friend. How cute is any guy in boxers with hearts? I colored in this kitty with my Copics and doodled the edges with a Spica Glitter pen. Matted him with the pretty deep red. I used a scrap of red and blue pattern paper, sorry I don't know the maker. Matted it with the same red and sewed with red thread in a blanket stitch. Everything is placed on a white card stock. The sentiment is from Stampin Up. Fun and flirty don't you think?




My second card is for my Stampavie DT, I was showing a friend my Sarah Kay stamps... and SHOCK.... I had one that had not been inked yet! So that was the first thing I did when I sat down to craft last night. Margaux is painting is a cute little artist that I colored in with my Copics. I matted her with a chocolate brown card stock and sewed down with a gold satin thread. The two pattern papers by K&Co. have an old french look to them I think, I cut them and matted the floral paper with the same brown, and sewed down. The darker teal paper is sewed with the blanket stitch and placed on a kraft card stock base. I found a satin ribbon in the same color as the thread and tied it around the floral paper before attaching to the card. I was going to stamp the sentiment "Hugs" from Hero Arts, and when I pulled out the set I saw the "Merci!" and it was just to perfect, I cut it out with my Fiskars heart Squeeze Punch and colored the edge with a Copic Marker. Whew... feel so much better all my Sarahs have been inked!
To see all of the Sarah Kay stamps visit the Stampavie site HERE, including a peek at the new Christmas line! Oh and of course the fabulous Rachelle Anne Miller stamps! Oh and if you are in the US and have been wanting some Sarah Kay Stamps, my LSS just got a handful of them in... but hurry I think they are going to go really fast! You can contact Amy at amyhowell@thescrapbookcorral.com to get prices.









Ok.... just had to share a couple of photos I took of Gato this morning. This kitten just loves to climb in my photo tent when I have it out to take my card photographs. And sometimes I just have to snap a few photos she is just too cute and hey the lighting is perfect!! Now if only I could get the donkey babies in the photo tent to get some decent photographs of them!!




11 comments:

Suzanne said...

Wow 2 more stunning cards I love all the stitching it looks great do you use a mini sewing manchine? Gato is just the most beautiful cat, wonder if I could look that good with the right lighting!!! Sue :o)

Heather "Hev" said...

Yep - gotta love the boxers :)
Cute cards and cat too :)
Have a wonderful day :)

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card for the challenge - that cute kitty kat did make me smile - thank you for joining us at PBSC this week.
Love the cats and those oh so cute donkeys
Kath
xxxxxx

Unknown said...

Two beauties here Michelle - and that's just Gato's photos! Lovely cards too - your colouring is amazing. Lol Lynn x

tracie said...

oh wow Michelle, fabulous cards. Love the cute kitty and his sexy boxers, lol made me smile. Oh how cute Gato is - beautiful.
Thanks for joining us this week at PBSC :)x

Heidi said...

First, the cat is hilarious- sounds like mine!
The card is adorable and I can relate to the pink thing. The Sarah Kay- oh man, I have to give one of these a try. I have some images and I am afraid of ruining them by starting them. So afraid, you make it look beautiful!
Heidi

jjcreations said...

Oh the cat in boxers is hilarious - made me giggle! I love the colours of your Gato. Very cute cat. Joan

Patti Smith said...

Those are fabulous pics of sweet Gato...oh so innocent looking!! Love the cards and what a great challenge "no pink"...that was a toughy wasn't it!! LOL..I love your little french girl painting..she is so pretty....have a good Friday girlfriend!!

Allison Rankin said...

What a cute kitty! I love both your cards today "fat cat" and the Sarah Kay with such a pretty BG!

Sharon said...

Lol great boxers, I think he thinks he is a bit of a stud in them.
Gorgeous Sarah Kay card, and beautifully coloured.
Wow Gato has grown quick. She looks really cheeky in the first pic and then butter wouldn't melt in the second.

Annie said...

aww such a cute purdy cat! and you know I've not done anything with that Sarah Kay stamp either - but I have inked up some images! love the preview of the Christmas stamps - there are 2 I really must have so not sure if to wait for them to arrive in UK or pre-order again .. .. annie x