Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sarah Kay Purple and Green YEA!





Sunday again.. and Sarah Kay Challenge today is to use the color combo of Purple and Green. LOVE LOVE LOVE this combo. I am also using the challenge to make my MIL's birthday card. She really likes the Sarah Kay images and I picked one of my favorites.. he he favorite top 9 right? This is "Rose's Garden" and I think it is her hair up and the kitten that I just love. I colored her with my Copics, Spica Glitter Pens, white gel pen and my new Copic Multi-liners, copic ink in a tiny fine point marker. Helps with things like the trim on her blouse.






I used papers from Making Memories, and then a lilac card stock for the base and a sage green card stock for the mats. I inked the edges of everything with dark purple ink. Stitched the edges of the mats with white gel pen. The Happy Birthday sentiment is from Alota Rubber Stamps. Now how about that stack of flowers! The largest is from Bazzil, two center ones are primas, and the smaller one and the brad is from Creative Imaginations. The leaves are Prima as well.






Now as a little extra the DT of Sarah Kay Weekly Challenge was asked to make an item to match our card. I just happen to have this wonderful clear pail sitting on my desk, and thought it would be perfect to decorate to put MIL's gift into. (Candy and a pair of earrings, lucky it was a small gift this year!) I used all the same items as the card. I put the striped paper inside the pail so it would have the clear over it, then used my Oval Nestibilities to cut out the image. Now I don't know why but I don't have a scallop Nestibilities large enough for the biggest oval... hmmmm so I made my own scallops by punching small hearts with my Fiskar's Heart Squeeze punch and then attaching them to the back of the oval with just the "humps" sticking out the edge. I used a satin ribbon around the top edge and a felt flower from Creative Imaginations. Same large flower on the top.




Oh by the way .... she loved it, her birthday was Friday so I already gave it to her. =)


Off to Sunday morning breakfast with the local gang at the cafe, then we are hoping to work outside some! Hope you have a wonderful Sunday -


HUGS and-


16 comments:

Kathy said...

Beautiful!!! I just love what you did with challenge!!! Your papers are so pretty and those flowers are perfect!!! I also have this image in my top 9!! (LOL) Hard not to love them all....
Have a great breakfast:) Kathy

Camilla said...

Absolutely stunning Michelle!! Everything looks so pretty, no wonder she loved it!:)
Hugs, Camilla.

Classroomfree said...

Wow, both items are STUNNING!

Mandy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Michelle, your MIL is so lucky and is going to love these.

Mandy

Rach said...

oh wow this is stunning..I love the little pail to compliment your fabby card. hugs rachxx

Suzanne said...

This is gorgeous I love these colours and the colouring is beautiful, fabulous Pail too lucky MIL. Sue :o)

Jill said...

wow Michelle another absolutley beautiful card I love that image (it's on my wish list) so perfetly coloured and your little pail is wonderful,Jill x

Leanne said...

Wow your stuff is absolutely fantastic!!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Wow Michelle the card and pail are amazing. Your MIL will love them. Hugs Nikki x

Allison Rankin said...

Terrific creations! I love how you always color the whole scene (unlike me!).

diane zechman said...

Michelle this is gorgeous! I love the papers you used!

tracie said...

oh wow Michelle these are absolutely fabulous, the blooms are gorgeous - beautiful gift :)x

Annie said...

amazing! love the card and the gift too, no wonder your MIL loved it! And that big purple flower is gorgeous! annie x

Frances said...

wow, just gorgeous Michelle - no wonder your MIL loved it! This one is in my 'top 9' too haha! xx

Donalda said...

Michelle these both are just breathe taking, My favorite color purple and they are just gorgeous dear

cats whiskers said...

OMG this is absolutely beautiful just adore the colours and the way ou have used them. And that pail Wowwwwww!!! really beautiful pair
Hugs Jacqui x