Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday... Slugs and Cinderella Tilda?



Running a bit late this morning... Hubby is going fishing, getting him packed up and on the road take some time. I love that he is finally getting to go. He use to go at least once a month and lived for it. Well the last two years he hasn't gotten to go nearly often, maybe twice in two years. So he really was looking forward to this trip. I am happy, but already miss him. hopefully the week will go fast for me, and slow for him.





Now to my two cards for the day. Friday Sketchers this week is a great sketch from Carole from England, and I loved the angled square. It was perfect to use some new Alota Rubberstamps that Helene sent me. How funny is this? I love it, and a bigger shock is the fact that Hubby loved it. He thought they were hysterical and wanted to know what other slugs I had. Helene has a bunch of slug sayings and slug images on her site, make sure to check them out. This is "Slugs in the Rain".
I colored it with my Copic Markers and then used Twinkling H2Os to give a sparkle to the flower, and then stickles for the rain drops. I cut the image completely out. For the papers I used the DCWV Nana's Girls glitter papers. I wish you could see just how much it sparkles. I tried taking the photo on an angle to capture, but it still doesn't really show well. I stitched everything down. I love this. A perfect pick me up card... I mean who wouldn't smile at getting a slug card?
My second card is for this weeks Tilda & Co. Challenge. I haven't been using my Magnolias as much as I use to. I miss her... And really enjoyed making this card. When I first saw this weeks challenge, I was like... huh? HANDS....? But then when I saw the DT cards I got inspired and went straight to this Tilda and the pocket watch I have been dying to used since I purchase at a local sale. I colored everything with my Copics even the face of the watch, I was trying to make it look old... but at least it matches. The papers are K&Co. love the colors. I used brown and dark blue card stocks with them and inked the edges of everything with a dark blue ink. I used a blanket stitch around the outer edge of the pattern paper and a regular stitch around Tilda. Prima flowers in all the colors were stacked and put in the corner. The twill ribbon seemed to fit. I have always thought of this Tilda as a sort of Cinderella image, and Wish.. Hope.. Dream.. just seems to fit. To finish off I used six baubles in brown in two corners. I had such fun making this heritage card. Sometimes I tend to get in a rut making bright bold cards, but I do love the vintage feel too.
Well it is Monday... and I have total control of the computer, the remote to the TV and the thermostat. And what will I be doing today? I am going to catch up on some blog surfing, then laundry and I want to do some organizing and cleaning in our bedroom... ahem.. my craft corner. Hope you have some crafts planned!
HUGS and-

16 comments:

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow what fabulous card so gorgeous ,Dawnxx

Unknown said...

Such fun this top one Michelle - lovely flower and the sentiment is a hoot! The Cinderella Tilda is beautiful - gorgeous colours and accents. Lol Lynn x

Debbie said...

Great cards Michelle. I love the fun image and brigt colours on the first card. The Tilda card is beautiful love the colours it gives the card a sepia vintage look.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Both cards are fabulous Michelle, The slug stamp is so funny and I love the Cinders Tilda, The stitching and ribbon look great, Hugs, Nikki x

Jill said...

gorgeous card Michelle I love the slug one very funny and the tilda one is gorgeous love the colours Jill x

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,
Fabulous cards, love the alota slug card, so funny and Tilda is coloured so beautifully with your copics. Hope your husband enjoyed his fishing trip!
Carole ;o)

Dawn said...

Wonderful card - great colours

Christine said...

I absolutely love your Tilda card! Amazing colours and images! Just great!
Hugs Christine

Frances said...

Both are great Michelle. Love the colours on the tilda one (I've been neglecting my Tilda's too!) and that slug one is just hysterical - I love the expressions on their faces, love it! Have a good week. xx

Patti Smith said...

Hey Michelle,
The "slugs" are cute but you know how I love your Tilda's. Have a great week and I hope Hubby comes back with alot of fish!!!!
xoxo...patti

Cynde said...

Michelle Love the Slugs....They are so funny. I especially like how you did them. They look like they are going to slide right off the card!! LoL..
The magnolia card is simply divine...you sure captured the period feel for it.Very nice with all the stitching.
Great works of Art!!

Donna Baker said...

great cards - love the papers on your Tilda card & stamping on the twill. Pls check out the award I gave you on my blog today
I Love Your Blog

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

you are amazing..
every single card you make is flawless and gorgeous!
love it

hei guess what i got my stampavie stuff yesterday :-)
hugs
claudia

Annie said...

ugh slugs! they are the pain of my life - I hate them! but your card is gorgous and what a fun saying. Now Cinders Tilda is much nicer! love the vintage feel to this one and the pretty K&Co papers you used. annie x

Sharon said...

Slug card is great! That sentiment is such fun.
tilda looks lovely too.
Again two great cards, fab!

Allison said...

lovely cards
ps love the donkeys
AllisonX