Saturday, August 16, 2008

Good Donkey Morning -

Well I was out early this morning to get some photographs of the donkeys. It was so fun to just stand and watch. We let Jazz and Gloria into the "big" pen with some of the other donkeys yesterday. Gloria just knows she is a big girl now! But she is still so tiny compared to everyone else. She is 2 weeks old, time flies huh? I love this photo of hubby with the "group". Take a look at Lola behind him.... one second later she was on his back and he was in the dirt. She thinks this is very funny, he did too when she was as tiny as Gloria, but now she is really too big for this. I told him to not let her do that but "it was cute then" I laughed this morning ... he didn't.
This is one of my favorite photographs from this morning. Gloria just loves "Daddy". She follows him all around the pen. Wish you could see how fast she was moving behind him, and how fast her tail was wagging.






I also got a few photos of Irene with Rosie. Now that Patti and Irene have been in the other group pen for a week or so, she is a little more relaxed about letting Irene meet her new friends. I hope that Rosie and Irene will buddy up and be friends. They will spend a few years pastured together until they are both at least 3 years old and ready to be bred. You can see how big Irene is here, Rosie is 5 months old - Irene is almost 3 weeks old. (she is standing in a small hole too!) Rosie will be leaving this pen, with Lola and Lina from the other pen into a new pen which we will call our "young" pen in a month. All the babies that can't be in with the Jacks for a while. We will also put our very pregnant Moms in there to help protect these younger donkeys. Irene and Gloria will join them in about 5 months.

Well hope you enjoyed Donkey Saturday, and photographs of some of the babies. I have two classes to teach today at the LSS, better get my stuff together. Have a great Saturday and have time to craft!

HUGS and-

11 comments:

Sharon said...

Aw I love the photo of Gloria following her daddy around. I had to smile about your DH being in the dirt it all looks so innocent in the photo.
Great pics Michelle TFS.

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

oooh.. how wonderful..
i love the pic where the baby donkey chases your hubby :-)
wonderful

Suzanne said...

I was getting a bit worried didn't think we were going to get any today but hay it was more than worth the wait the pictures are gorgeous. Good luck with your classes wish I lived close enough to attend!!! Sue :o)

Nikki Fairbairn said...

The photo's are just adorable Michelle, Have a great evening, Hugs, Nikki x

TA Carbone said...

thanks for the update on your babies and the rest of the clan. I can see your hubby on the ground now and here I am laughing all the way in NJ. I lvoe to read about your art work, but I love the updates even better. I guess you can say I wish I was in shoes.

TA
http://carbonescorner.blogspot.com

kes said...

I love your family!!!!! Need to think which is best Donkeys or cards mmmm

okay BOTH!!!!!!!!
Kes
x

Donna Baker said...

how cute! great pics

Patti Smith said...

Oh I love seeing the pictures...the cows use to do Roger the same way!!! LOL...they love their daddy don't they...

Annie said...

thanks for the pictures Michelle, especially Gloria - she looks so cute chasing her 'daddy'! annie x

Bubbles said...

Oh Michelle your donkeys are gorgeous especially Gloria, how wonderful how she follows 'daddy' the photo is brill!!
I won a donkey last week at a fair!! Not a real one a cuddly one but quite realistic and so cute!
Joanne x

Heidi said...

Michelle, I have not been around blurbing this week but I had to come and check out your Saturday donkey pics. I love them. Heidi