Friday, February 12, 2010

Just Magnolias in LOVE

 I know we all have some love for our Tildas.. and all Magnolias, well this week the challenge at Just Magnolias - is LOVE! Just in time for your special Valentine ( My favorite day of the year! It is Hubby's birthday and our Anniversary!)
  
For my card I knew I wanted to use some new very yummy papers I got while at CHA - Vintage Valentine from Fancy Pants. I just adore this collection of papers! Again.. my love for "Valentines Day!" I used a white card stock base to start with and then used the solid red from the collection and layered pattern papers with the red as mats, sewing them all together with a zig zag stitch. 

  
 Then I went through my box of Magnolia images, I pulled out one sitting Tilda holding a heart - perfect! And I hadn't used this sweetie in a while so even better! But what should she be sitting on? Well I felt the rock wall was a nice place to have her sit and wait for her Valentine. I colored it all with my Copics, high lighted with white gel pen - and it was just all to bold and bright for the pattern paper.. uh oh... So I dug in my ink drawer and pulled out my Vintage photo Distressed ink and aged my image. This was perfect! I really think I need to leave this ink on my desk! LOL that is how my desk gets so cluttered, but then I don't forget my supplies -

 
  Instead of a "sentiment" stamp - I just let the pattern paper speak for my card - "sending my Love" was too perfect -

 
And the colors of the Vintage Valentine papers were perfect for my favorite mulberry roses - I don't get to use these wonderful red roses often.. and I adore the little mini buds! I added some Martha Stewart leaves -

Now for some more love... pop over to the Just Magnolias challenge and see the other DT cards! And again there is a fabulous prize :0)

HUGS

12 comments:

Barbara said...

You´ve made a realy fantastic car.
I love it.
Hugs Babsi

Linda said...

OMG! This is perfect! Love the distressed look, it's great with that paper. And that paper! Wow! And the image, and the roses, and... well, the whole thing is fantastic!

Hugs, Linda

Linda said...

OMG! This is perfect! Love the distressed look, it's great with that paper. And that paper! Wow! And the image, and the roses, and... well, the whole thing is fantastic!

Hugs, Linda

Jingle said...

This is so cute! Those flowers are fantastic!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jane said...

I LOVE the colours on this card Michelle! They are so beautiful and such a gorgeous image, perfectly coloured! hugs, Jane xxx

COCO said...

what an adorable set of cards. The new stamps look gorgeous
hugs coco

Unknown said...

Hi
I was checking out the challenge and saw your card and it was WOW stunning so just dropped by to let you know, fantastic card.
Chris x

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh so beautiful Michelle!Love those flowers!

Rufus said...

Gorgeous card! Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Birthday to hubby!
R/

Annie said...

love the muted colours on this Valentine with cute Tilda.
hugs, annie x

bissecat said...

This is super ten points"!!I Loove this colours are greit.