Thursday, October 13, 2011

Me and My Space - A look into my Goodie Boxes

Hi - Today for Me and My Space a day late I thought I would show you the inside of my Goodie Boxes :0) I have LOTS of different plastic boxes filled with all kinds of Embellishments. Many are from my Scrapbooking days, Lots of alphabets and such. While cleaning up my desk and a few drawers I kept coming across little bits of things. You know little boxes, packages and containers of those little things you want to keep close so you will remember to use them. Then they get buried and forgotten. Yep... that is what happened to lots of my things. 

Well I kept piling them up and soon I had a pretty big pile. I went to sort things into those many many boxes and decided that I would just create two boxes that would sit on top of my desk, easy access and hopefully as I purchase or get new things they will go into these boxes and not buried. That is the plan today anyway, not that my plans always work out. :0)

So here is box one....
 Now this box is the smaller things, brads, clips, a few special buttons, and such. I have a bigger brad box across the room. And it honestly is a pain to work out of and search in... so I rarely dig in it. This is some of my favorite brads, and newer brads. I Love those big jumbo brads, and above those are Doodlebug sugared brads.. oh yummy! In the center in the front... those are those tiny adorable Making Memories brads that look like tiny buttons. Above those are some new adhesive glittered round thingies I just found. On the top left.. those are all sorts of clips  - love office supply clearance sections... LOL Those little test tube things, I got those on clearance in a small scrapbook store YEARS ago and lost them in my stash. They are tiny little letters... interesting... need to use them. On the right you see all types and shapes of paper clips. There are other things in here too but that is the high lights...

Box 2 -
This box weighs a ton... It is all the larger things. Most all of this is older stuff from my scrapbooking days, that I have pulled out to try and use more. Clear acrylic shapes. Frame galore! All kinds of shapes, and colors. I really need to use up some of these. In the front middle are stick pins... This box has just a lot of different things... oh including those dominoes :0) don't know where they came from where I will use them... but I am going to try!

I will say I don't know if it cuz they are new on my desk, or just that I have thought about things I have seen recently, but I have been digging in these two boxes and using a few things recently! YEA... I really need to use up some stash... sigh....

Now I thought I might also start showing you some of my other loves... Hubby and I collect all kinds of old stuff - I have been sucked into Vintage Blogs lately... and thought if you all wouldn't mind I might share some of my things as well...... If you don't like it... I'll stop :0)


So first off I thought I would share the back wall of my "new" kitchen. You might remember last year... just two weeks prior to my bosses and friends Heidi and Stuart from Stampavie were to come and then leave for CHA... Hubby started tearing apart my kitchen. We took out all the cabinets, put in new, new counter top (love that butcher block top from Ikea!) And a new tile back splash. We decided to not put upper cabinets on this one wall in my kitchen instead he built me these wonderful shelves to show off just a few of my collectibles. Oh.. Hubby finished the kitchen just with just over a day to spare before our guest arrived! LOL

A couple of my biggest loves is my Yellowware stoneware kitchen things. I have LOTS of this. I just put a few bowls out here. And then I adore vintage kitchen tin. I especially love Nesco's Garden Girl collection. Don't know why... just love that little gardening gal - she is so... so... so.... Leave it to Beaver Momish... LOL you know what I mean? Hair perfect, dressed perfect, out to do her gardening...   Lets see what else is here... oh the birds are ones my FIL made years ago... we miss him. And having the birds all through out my house is a smile. I also have a few vintage repo toys - a few other pieces of pottery. And some older tin kitchen items. Really love that 1800's era kitchen tin. Just a bit pricey most of the time!

Well hope you enjoyed! Thanks for letting me share :0)
Have a great Thursday - see you tomorrow for Just Magnolia and Hanglar day!
HUGS and



9 comments:

Maryann Laursen said...

I really always loves to come and see your Me and my space entrieds here. There´s always some great things ato see and ideas to get. I just noticed, that you had a pile of these testtubes, could I ask, where you get these, as I´ve been on the look for those for a while, but haven´t found them anywhere yet??? I found an awesome idea on the internet for these, and wanted to try that, but now I can´t find the darned things anywhere LOL.
I just so love your kitchenshelves too. I´m also totally in love with all vintage, so I´m really in awe about all your gorgeous things here he he. Just love to watch your stuff hun. Have a wonderful day and thanks sooo much for letting us in to see your stuff there.
Have a wonderful day dear friend.

Cards By MI said...

So lovely.
xxMarie

Carol Dee said...

I have those storage bowes too. It really helps keep thigs seperate and possibly in use! Yeah my stash is getting out of hand. I know what you mean about haveing to actually start using it :)
I LOVE the kitchen. I have LOTS of cabinets and no place to display any fun things. Oh Well, less to dusT! LOL. The birds your FIL made a fabulous, love his style.
Hugs...

Helene said...

I love you kitchen!

Hugs

Helen said...

Hi Michelle, this is one of the storage ideas I already use; only one problem I have about 15 of those boxes filled with brads, buttons, spacers, flowers; you name it, it is in there and I love it. I can assure you that I grab for them all the time. Love your cosy kitchen. Hugs

Karen McAlpine said...

Very cool vintage storage containers. Love the new back splash.

NinaN said...

I would love to see more of your vintage collectibles! Those kitchen shelves are lovely, as is your collection they display! And I am very envious of your backsplash! Good job hubby!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great idea. I need to go through my stash and put it where I can get to it and use it.

Rufus said...

I like your kitchen, love the textured wall and the tile. Your FIL's birds are really fun. I've got a couple of those goodie boxes...does help to know where to go look for something!
R/