Saturday, May 26, 2012

Animal Crackers - Cute, Sweet, and Playful

Lots of Cute going on here folks! Lots of stress, and worry as well. But things are looking up. We had the Doc out here yesterday to see Lillie. Her milk bag has Mastitis... I don't know it that is the correct grammar or not, but basically her milk bag has hardened on one side and the milk is bad. So every 3-4 hours hubby and I are milking her out. Seems like such a waste but we need to get the bad milk out and keep her "working" so as the meds fix things she can produce good milk. Now the other side is working pretty well and the little boy is eating on his own on that side. The little girl... uh no - I have been bottle feeding her. I enjoy doing it, but I seriously don't want to do it long term. I would like her to learn to eat from Mom, and hopefully once Lillie is all good, she will do just that.

Now I must say here... I know I am a dork. When I showed off photos of the babies the other day I was so totally exhausted, and when going through names I had narrowed it down to two "couples" and I took the guy name from one and girl name from another when doing my photos and post... But in my head I had it right! LOL But the babies names are "Danny and Sandy"

They are just precious -

Speaking of babies... Flavio - I got a great photo of him playing with his Mom who has a lot of patience.

I am afraid that Flavio is going to be one of our wild kids. One of Bella's past babies was the same way, not the normal obnoxious friendly baby. We will keep working with him.

This is the normal afternoon view into the goat pen...

They have a really shady part of the pen late afternoon - and this is the perfect place for that nap all the kids need. Ok the Moms need too...

The Kids do play hard when they are awake though....

This is Bobby Hill and Popeye being boys... they like to push, shove and butt heads. these are two of the boys that will not go to auction. They are both VERY friendly... like untie your shoes, chew on your pants leg, pull on your shirt and climb on your back friendly. :0)

Got a pretty photo with my phone the other day - we were coming through our front gate and the three standards were grazing in our front pasture. This view of Cocoa I thought was really pretty -


Now.. here is another photo from my phone - just was too funny to not share.
I had been sorting through the mail and the junk mail, and the newspapers and was throwing away the trash in a paper sack... I came back by a few minutes later and the sack moved... Gato had taken up residence. So this sack was not trash until she was done with her nap -

Libbie posed again for me... and I got a couple that were actually decent - Our little rollie pollie girl.

Since being fixed Libbie is putting on just a bit too much weight... So we are going to have to really watch her eating habits and make sure she doesn't get too many rolls on her. You know weight carries really heavy on short people. :0)

And it seems I can't end an Animal Crackers with out a photo of Mr. Tuco... if I do I hear about it don't I? :0) He is changing so fast! but MAN look at all that gorgeous copper on him!
He has a few large spots on his back and his legs are solid copper now.


Ok.. a few questions from comments to answer -

Someone asked what font I am using ... It is in the template designer and I believe it is called "Indy Flowers" -

Then I had questions about our three standards... If you were a reader way back I talked about how we came to raising donkeys. When we purchased our property it had a donkey on it. I purchased her for $2.00 "with the property" as the previous owner did not want to take her. I feel so in love with Consuela that when looking into what we were going to raise here.. I wanted to do the donkeys. The only donkey that you can raise for Agriculture exemption for property is Registered Donkeys, I found a lady not to far that had registered Mini's - that I had never heard of much less seen. So we scheduled a visit. We drove up and Hubby saw my face and that was it... we were going to raise Mini Donkeys. But Consuela needed a friend to roam with so we purchased a young standard boy to be her friend. That donkey.. is Ted E. Bear our greeter donkey now. A year or so passed... and Consuela got sick, a rare thing, but very serious. She died. We thought that Ted could be friends with the mini's but he started roaming the property calling out for his girlfriend  - - - we were told by our vet that some donkeys will literally walk themselves to death looking for their partner that dies. So we quickly went out and found him a new girlfriend hoping that would make him settle down. That girlfriend - Cocoa.  A few months later... Cocoa gave us our third standard Valentine as she was pregnant when we purchased her. That is our Three Stooges now..   Now I was asked about the forth standard. That is Juliet - the three stooges are afraid of her and run and hide from her - so she lives in our youth girls pen. And loves being the big girl in the pen, taking care of all her little friends.

I hope I didn't miss a question - if I did.. please ask again in your comments and I will try to answer ASAP.

Have a great weekend. We are doing clean up today... as tomorrow we are having out some family and friends for dinner -

HUGS and-

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, you will hear me yelling if there isn't a pic of *my* boy, Tuco EVERY Saturday. :) He is SO handsome, that copper colouring is really gorgeous.
I did wonder when I read 'Johnny & Sandy' in your earlier post, but I thought maybe my memory was playing tricks on me. Not surprising you typed it wrong, you must have been more than half asleep by then. They are looking well though, I hope Lily gets better very quickly.
Thanks for the wonderful pics & for the 'how it all began' story. Wishing you all a lovely weekend.

Anonymous said...

HI
I AM SO ENVIOUS OF YOU LIVING AND RAISING ALL THOSE BEAUTIFUL ANIMALS YOU ARE VERY LUCKY PEOPLE! AND I BET LIFE'S NEVER DULL, HERE IN ENGLAND I'VE ONLY THE ONE DOG AT PRESENT WHO'S NOT WELL BUT WE ADORE HIM, WE HAVE LOTS OF WILD BIRDS THAT VISIT OUR GARDEN DAILY AND A LOVELY CHEEKY SQUIRREL WHO WE'VE NAMED CRYEL.
TAKE CARE KIND REGARDS FROM SAM X

Cards By MI said...

Such joy to see. The are amazing all of them.
Love n hugs
marie

paperscribe said...

Delightful, as always, tfs!!

Carol Dee said...

Loved todays Animal Crackers. Sweet photo of Danny & Sandy and Popeye and Bobby. Love seeing Gato. :) Have a wonderful LONG weekend, hugs....

JoanieMc said...

I really enjoy your blog and looking at all the pictures of the family..... We have 3 dogs in ours. I feel like I could just hug each one. Thank you so very much for sharing all the events with us.


Looking forward to the next chapter.

Take care and God Bless.
Joanie

BethW said...

What a fantastic Saturday-all the pictures are gorgeous and inspiring.Having has mastitis once,hope Ms Lillie is feeling better real soon.Thank you again for bringing so much joy and happiness with your Animal Crackers.

Marilyn said...

Missed you yesterday because we were away and couldn't wait to get home to see what the crew was doing!