Tuesday, September 24, 2013

High Hopes Challenge - Dies or Punches this week!

Howdy -

This week the High Hopes Challenge is a fun one - time to dig through all the million punches or dies and find one to use with a High Hopes Stamps.

Sometimes I just need a push to move across the room and go through my stash. Found quite a few punches I haven't used in forever! Like finding new supplies.

I chose to color up one of the new High Hopes Image "Buddy's Gift Block" - really cute teddy bear in one of the blocks. I keep thinking it would be cute to use all the new blocks in one project... hmmm will need to work on something....


Here is my card for this challenge though --- I used punches....


I found some winter snow flake paper in my scraps - and then used the Martha Stewart Jumbos border/corner set - Double Arches. Now I am going to be really honest here... I messed it all up when I figured my sizes. And I had already cut all my papers when I did my punch... it was the wrong size... and I couldn't get the punch to punch evenly with out totally messing it all up... SOOOOO I faked it I guess you can say. I punched the corners, and one border punch in on each side. Doing that left a big punched hole in the middle of each side... To fix it.. I wrapped it with the ribbon around both sides. First gold, then a ruffled red velour. Kind of reminded me of the present "Buddy" is holding... and it fixed my boo boo... My sentiment is also High Hopes - "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas!"

Here is Buddy's Gift Box up Close -



And here are the Copic colors used -


Great challenge this week - you really need to join us!! And there is even better reasons to pop over to the challenge .... there is info on a Guest DT call!! We want you to come and play with us over at High Hopes! Head on over to the site and check out the facts... High Hopes Challenge 

Have a great day - :0) 
Hugs and 

2 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Love the punch. Great Christmas card, hugs....

Niki said...

Very clever. I think the ribbon is perfect, whether it covers up gaps or not. Coordinates very well with the present he is holding.

Wonderful card.