Saturday, April 21, 2018

Animal Crackers - Sisters.....

Howdy -

Well I stayed up close to the house this week to snap some photographs. A bum leg just was barking too much to walk to far out. So close pens only to visit with my furry and feathered friends.

First up was watching the sisters... typical sisters, the best of friends and then a head butting fight, then right back again to nuzzling on each other. Mallory and Jennifer... Sisters


 Found Lucy cleaning up some leftovers from breakfast. Now that big bump... that isn't a pregnant bump.


Lucy is just a bit on the heavy side... but that is ok.... I have the same issues Lucy!

Her 1/2 sister Rhett on the other hand.. we are waiting not so patient for her to have babies. She seems uncomfortable for sure. I am not to sure what she rolled around in as she was covered in something... 


She still came to me for some lovin'. Even if she had something ewe on her. I just petted on her head and nose as they were clean, or cleanest area on her. She is such a sweet girl, and has given us some beautiful babies.

Speaking of one of her babies... Louise


She too is in our Momma pen. She isn't really that big which isn't that odd for a first time Mom. I just hope all things go smoothly and we get some of her gorgeousness passed down. And when/if she has her babies just think her Mom is right there with her in the pen and will be delivering Louise's siblings while watching over her grandkids... yeah it gets confusing sometimes in the goat pens, but I keep it all straight on paper... LOL

I then hobbled over to the chicken pen, just to say hi... I found one of the girls standing in the middle of the pen on one leg. I had to actually laugh out loud... as I was doing the same thing balancing on one leg.


 I will say she is much better than I am at it. I actually wobbled a little when I held up the camera to snap a photograph. I have such horrible balance!

Sorry I didn't get out to the donkey pens this week. I saw them in the distance... and just decided no today would have to be goats and chickens... LOL

Have a wonderfully blessed day -
Hugs and


2 comments:

okienurse said...

What a hoot! Had me humming the tune Sisters from White Christmas..A Christmas tradition around here.
"All kinds, of weather
We stick together
The same in the rain or sun
Two different faces
But in tight places
We think as one!"
Love seeing the fur and feather babes each week. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Having a bum leg isn't much fun!
Vickie

This is the video link...https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-iry-fullyhosted_011&hsimp=yhs-fullyhosted_011&hspart=iry&p=irving+berlin+sisters#id=4&vid=219137d3944e58a58b73f2a30418868c&action=view

Carol Dee said...

Sure hope the leg heals quickly. Love the sister act! (I got busy yesterday and did not get my usual Saturday visits it!) See you next week. ;)