Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Poolside already!

Ok, so I am not pool side - but I found a cute little frog that was enjoying a little swim in one of the donkey's water buckets. If you look real close you can see the water line, he is half in and half out of the water. As I filled the bucket he would climb up the side. Cute huh? When I came back a few minutes later he had climbed out and was sunning on the fence. We get a bunch of these little tree frogs. We get a big kick out of them, it amazes me how tame they are.












And since I didn't get a chance to get a card done last night...

I am posting a photograph of my baby. This is Diego, and he is truly my baby even though he is 4 years old. My first ever born here. He is a carbon copy of his Mom, Darlene. Now I have posted in the past that the rule is we can't keep any little boys here. And we shouldn't have kept Diego, but he was my first baby... I helped birth him (as I try to do with all of them, so they bond with me). Hubby knew that there was no way he was ever going to leave. He is now gelded, and is a buddy for Raffie (my smiling donkey). They are really close and play all the time. I will always have a special bond with Diego, my slow, loving little boy. Isn't he just adorable!
I hope to get a couple of card challenges done tonight for tomorrow!

9 comments:

Suzanne said...

He is gorgeous, I know what you are talking about my sister breads Alpaca's and there is always a good reason not to sell them on. I hand reared a baby with my niece a couple of years ago while my sister was in hospital. I was so sad when he left!!! I will try and remember to post a picture of Hugh on my blog later Sue :o)

Judy Rozema said...

I LOVE your baby!! I am such an animal lover and he is adorable! Anytime he wants to visit NE, just send him on up!!
And the frogs are AWESOME!

Jessica F. said...

I love the pics of the frog, I have a sft spot for frogs and turtles. I also love your donkey boy, what a cutie!!!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Oh I'm so jealous of all your animals!!! We only have a Jack Russell Terrier named Daisy .....and she is insane!! But I wish we could have more!!!

Kriss said...

Rebecca's story was so good, I had to come see these adorable donkeys she's been talking about. They are cute. I love the pix of the pregnant ones! Your cards are adorable too.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how attached you get to animals. I never had a dog in the house until about 2 months ago and now he rules the house!!!! Great pics and congrats on winning the Fiskar March challenge with your "babyies" layout......Patti Smith

BethW said...

Adorable as always and I am grateful as always for the joy your pictures of these loving creatures bring into my life.

Ila said...

What great photos...and Diego is the Cutest!!..TFS!!

Godelieve said...

Great mix of stamping and nature on your blog! I forgot to tell you how CUTE your new header is!