Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Today I have Alota Bugs!

Alota Bugs!!! Yes last night I worked on two Alota Rubber Stamp Cards. For some reason after being out spraying the donkeys for mosquito's (they are big as buzzards here now), I was in the mood to make some cuter bugs! My first card is a simple card, but I did that way on purpose because I wanted that flower yo-yo to be a focus. Darn thing took me forever to make! I think I have the hang of it now and they will be easier next time.


This is Leaf Ladybug from the Alota Ladybug set. I love these little ladies! I colored her with my Copics, and white gel pen. Her wings are covered in Diamond Stickles. I cut her with my oval Nestibilities, and matted with a red card stock cut with the oval scallops Nestibilities.


The base for the card is the same red card stock and I love the pattern paper! This is actually two sides of one piece of paper from Lil' Davis Designs. I cut it into pieces and then put it back together. Love how the green dots look in the different shades. I ran a piece of red satin ribbon across the bottom and the sentiment is from the same set, cut with a Stampin Up Word punch. I then sewed the edges down and around the ladybug.



Now to that flower..... ok, while out shopping with MIL a few weeks back I found a flower yo yo pattern. I finally pulled it out and a scrap of red heart fabric and tried it last night. I like how it came out, but man those instructions were not easy to follow! I sewed a green button for the center of the flower and then placed two Prima leaves under it. I doodled the edges of the scallops to give it a more fun look. Cute huh?








The second card is Mr. Mail Bug and you can find him HERE. If you like to color... this one is for you! I loved all the different colors that can be put into this image. I think he is so cute and perfect for a note card to a friend. He is colored with my Copics and white gel pen. I used a green card stock for the base, and the pattern paper is two sided from FontWerks. One side is a pink lined side, perfect for a letter don't you think? And the other is a darker green with light dots. I used that to cut out the swirls, a Quickutz die, and to mat the image. I rounded the corners of everything with a Fiskars squeeze punch and inked the edges with a catseye dark brown ink.






The flower is something that has been in my stash forever! I think it is a Heidi Swapp chipboard flower. The sentiment is from Stampin Up, "Sending you My Love" how sweet is that! And it fits perfect in the medium Fiskar's Round Squeeze punch! I gel pen stitched the edges with white gel pen. With the large size of the image I had a hard time finding the right embellishments but I ended up happy with it.

Lots to get done today as always I am behind this week, I hope to get some cleaning done. Lots of playing with donkeys and especially the baby. (this is probably why I am so behind this week) And some cards done later in the day. I'll try and get some good baby photos today to share tomorrow!


HUGS and-

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waouhh!! I love your two cards!! They're so gorgeous!! Love the papers of the first one, the ladybug is so cute!! On the second one, I love how you have colored the little scene!!
Hugs, Christelle.

Debbie said...

Gorgeous cards Michelle i love these cute bugs.
Hugs Debbie x

Ila said...

Wow!! these are both Gorgeous..and Super Cute...in fact "Cute as a Bug"...Hugs, Ila

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Hi Michelle, these 2 cards are stunning such bright and vibrant colours. Hugs Nikki x

Renee said...

OMG how cute! Love the bright colors and the cute stamps!

Renee said...

OMG how cute! Love the bright colors and the cute stamps!

Allison Rankin said...

Oh no...look at all that coloring on the second one! Loving that ladybug!

Cynde said...

I love both the cards. You crack me up though, "It's a simple card" you said, and yet you took and cut up the paper background and put it back together again! And I can't even see the seams. It's adorable! Also card two is Great...love how you used all the bright colors! And the flower stamp is Perfect.
Two Great and Fun cards!!! Thanks for the inspiration....

Annie said...

Both fabby cards and love your hand-made ribbon flower with the button centre. Did you get an email from me forwarding the details of the lady who won your T&F package? annie x

Mada said...

Both cards are gorgeous! I love everything about them and the yo-yo flower is awesome.

I missed posting on your "new baby" entry, so I am saying it here - Warmest Congratulations on the birth of Irene. She's adorable and I'm so looking forward to some new photos. :)

Frances said...

love them both Michelle- bright, cheery and fun. that flower is fab too. xx

Sharon said...

Gorgeous Michelle. Love the first one's colours and the flower is so pretty!! Love the mail bug it was one of my first ones, it's great how they look so different yet the same stamp! Wonderful cards Michelle. x

Cardmaking Galore said...

Your cards are fantastic! Love them

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

hi michelle...
ilas comment made me giggle... yes both of your new cards are "cute as a bug"
sooooo great colors... the second one is a stunner too.
love
claudi

Diana said...

Hi ,
Finally I found one of you VERY TALENTEd people here in the states ..Im Diana In TN and came across spoon ful of sugar , and a few others and now im hooked to see whats next with you all and now I have to Have Sarah Kay stamps which I never knew there was ..I know how to get them but can YOu PLEASE PLEASE help me to find out where i can get a few HANGLAR stamps I love love love them ..a MUST have ,,Hope to hear from you with good news lol now that ive come to your blog I love those cute bugs now anther stamps I have to have you guys arent good for me I dont think hehee
thanks Diana
vindina@tds.net

Diana said...

is the yoyo flower just a yo yo or do you make it a little different and if so can you give direction .WAY to cute to pass up ..'
love your blog
Diana

Suzanne said...

OMG these stamps are just so cute and I love what you have done with them, yours cards are amazing. Sue :o)

Patti Smith said...

Oh my I love these but the yo-yo flower has taken my eye. I would love to do one of these...sure wish I lived closer to ya girl...It just goes perfect on the card.....I may just give it a try. I'll let ya know...hehehe.

Victoria said...

wow these images are so funky they are fantastic, what lovely cards you have made with them too x

Anonymous said...

ohhh...these little bugs are soooo cute! And the colors are so vibrant!