Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Beautiful Spring Donkey - Libbie - Nature Day!

Wow it is a Crisp, Clear, Chilly morning here! And that meant all of nature including the donkeys were out and ready to pose!

First I have show this photo of Libbie... my baby is growing into a teenager I think! Her ears from last week were just the start - her legs have shot up she is looking so skinny this week, and she is eating like a horse! I can tell she is growing every day - I think this next week will not be so pretty.. her baby fur is starting to fall out.... you know those teen years!



Ted E. Bear (one of the standard donkeys) was the first to greet me this morning - he has a bit of that sleepy look, but still a handsome man!




Then I found Ellie Mae and Vickie... You scratch my back I'll scratch yours :)



As I came towards the youth pen... Rosie was hurrying over to get her head rubbed, well that and plead for some Alfalfa... she LOVES it, probably most of all the donkeys. No Alfalfa.. but new hay bales are coming in later today... that will make her a happy too.




And then I had to add some nature photos.. I just Love Spring! First is a Cardinal in the oak tree. I had to zoom quite a bit that is why it is a bit fuzzy - we have literally hundreds of these birds on our property - people that are not from here are really amazed at how brilliant red they are and how many they see.


And my tree rose in the back yard is getting ready to have lots of pretty roses! mmm they smell so wonderful!


Hope you enjoyed today's photos... me I am off to the grocery store... arghhhh I hate going on Saturday mornings... but we are almost in crisis situations with much needed items so I can't wait until next week. Do you have a fun weekend planned? I would love you to tell me about it, cuz me.. grocery store, laundry and cleaning....

HUGS and-

11 comments:

BethW said...

Beautiful-all of it. Now that I have my weekly fix I can start cleaning-thank you.

Donalda said...

So love Donkey Sat dear, and yes Libby is growing fast isn't she.
Try not to work to hard dear. Not much planned for me except SUnday my grandson christening. Hugs

ribenaruby said...

Lovely pics Michelle, Libbie no longer looks a puppy, wow she's grown every week and still so cute. The red birds stand out so much and what a pretty view you must have! Have a fab weekend.

Maria said...

Love your photos, Michelle!! Wow, how cool to have all those animals. My daughter would love it. . .she loves animals!!

Maria

DawnMarie said...

Hi Michelle, Libbie has got so big!! And the donkeys are gorgeous as always, I love rosie, she seems so sweet. The red cardinals are beautiful birds and I love you little roses, just beautiful. I am planning on making a little image folder this weekend to send some stamped images to a friend of mine. Hope you get all your chores done and manage to get inky over the weekend. Dawn Marie.xx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

What gorgeous photo's Michelle and Libbie is such a cutie, thanks for sharing the picture of the Red Cardinal.. such a beautiful bright bird, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

What gorgeous photo's Michelle and Libbie is such a cutie, thanks for sharing the picture of the Red Cardinal.. such a beautiful bright bird, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Cynde said...

Love the pictures Michelle. The bird is so bright and beautiful. Libby is really growing...shes got Legs....like the rod stewart song...LOL. Shes still only a minute of a thing. So stinkin cute! Love both her ears are down now. The donkeys look so healthy. Now all the antics will start with the good weather and spring in the air, won't they? Thanks for al the great pictures. Have a fun Sunday and enjoy!

Unknown said...

libby ia gorgeoue dog...my friends got a new collie and shes all gangley...but soon they will both fill out and my she is gonna be one absoloute darling......shes so cute love her and of course your piccis are stunning...the donkey well they just melt my heart lv sassyx

Annie said...

Hi Michelle, I couldn't not stop by and check up on the furbabies! thanks so much for your kind words, it's going to be a topsy turvy few months for us whatever happens at the end of it. It's taken me 2 hours this morning to trim one lavender bush and pull a few weeds - I just don't have the strength and energy anymore with this immune disease, so tidying the garden could take a while! I'll certainly keep in touch and will drop by to see your fabulous card creations and how the furbabies are doing - and of course looking forward to the new season! hugs, annie x

Suzanne said...

Wow how long are that babies legs they seem to be twice the length they were last week are you sure you haven't been feeding her the plant food!! that used to be my dream to own a plant nursery and you have donkeys too how lucky are you. Sue :o)