Sunday, March 15, 2009

Magnolia Vs. Stampavie Mother's Day cards!

This week on Magnolia Vs. Stampavie Challenge the theme is Mother's Day Cards.. I know we all love making girly cards and one to honor the Mom in our life is a perfect excuse to really foof it up with flowers and charms. Is Foof a real word?


I started by choosing one of Stampavie's Sarah Kay images, this isn't a "MOM" with a baby but she is pretending right? This is called Picnic Time I have colored her with my Copics and high lighted with white gel pen.

For the card I started with a white base, then all of the pattern papers oh my... I LOVE these! This is from K&Company's Cut n- paste collection, really fun new collection you are seeing a lot of cards from there from me aren't you? I inked the edges of all of the pieces, including a Martha Stewart Lace Doily border out of white. I sewed down everything. I wish now I had made more of the recipe from the patter paper show, but I had it all ready sewed together, so there wasn't much I could do with it. The sentiment is computer generated in pink.
For the flowers, I found some really gorgeous dark pink Prima flowers, put together with jewelry spacers and mini green brads. The leaves are Martha Stewart punches, that I inked the edges of and drew a white center on.
Hope you like my Mother's Day card - For more FABULOUS inspiration and to get in on the great prize this week, please check out the Magnolia Vs. Stampavie Blog and see the other DT cards!


Off to have breakfast with the locals and then to enjoy Sunday - hope you have great plans for today!
HUGS and-

10 comments:

Moni said...

fab card, love the image and the colouring. Great layout and the details! Hugs, Moni

Donalda said...

Your card is just beautiful dear and went on the blog hop lol Such cute stamps

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! The Sarah Kay image is so cute.
Hugs, Vanja

ribenaruby said...

Great stitching detail Michelle! Fab SK image.

Zoe said...

Hello Michelle, I love the charm and I love the adorable Sarah kay image.
love
Zoe
xxxx

Vivi Morais said...

Beautiful card!! I loved the colors... congratulations!!
I'll know Magnolia VS. Stampavie blog to take some more inspirations!!

Kisses and have a nice week!!

retiredheather said...

What a beautiful card Michelle. I love the layout...that paper is fantastic.
Hugs
Heather

Becca said...

Oh I am loving this card...so pretty and refreshing...spring is here.

Annie said...

gorgeous card Michelle, I love all the Sarah Kay stamps! and such pretty paper and flowers too. I hope you are enjoying your day - I'm off to bed now! hugs, annie x

Janna said...

This card is just so delicate and sweet Michelle!! The colors and coloring are amazing as is your stitching! I love the beautiful tinting you did on the lace trim you made with the punch! I love the beautiful flowers and charm! everything works so well together!

Smiles,
janna