Friday, March 19, 2010

My First Easel Card!

How did we get to Friday so fast this week? Man yesterday I thought it was Tuesday, then thought duh... no its Wednesday. Then last night found out no it was Thursday!! Man... what happened to my week? I have been working a lot around the house, and birthing babies... so I guess I just lost track of the days...LOL

So today is Friday! And that means Just Magnolias time! This week they are asking us to make an Easel Card. I have been drooling over these on the blogs, and really wanted to make one. But just didn't take the time. So the challenge was perfect for me, now you will be seeing a lot more of these from me! They are fun!

So here is my very first Easel Card!


I love how they stand up! What a wonderful way to display your "art". A real gift of a card!


I went through my images and found one that had flowers to match my pattern papers, love her basket full, don't you? I colored with my Copics - to match the papers. Speaking of papers... mmmm ... loving the new DCWV Rustic paper stack! My kind of papers and colors! I found two patterns and created my top and bottoms - sewing everything down with a zig zag stitch.


I then had to play with my new Big Shot Pro you know :0)  So I pulled out a few of my old Sizzlets and dusted them off - I cut out one set of corners, then two sets of buttons and Thank You sentiment with flower - one in the dark peach card stock then a second in the green. The button has been tied together with twine, and then the corners and flower center I added some bling with some light green rhinestones. I highlighted with white gel pen.


Now you know you are wanting to try one of these cards right? They are really fun! Pop on over to Just Magnolias Challenge and see all the other DT cards - just gorgeous! And then join us! A great prize again this week!

So what is on your plans this weekend? Me I have to work.. but I am hoping to find some time to play with my new toy later in the weekend. Hope you have some fun planned!

HUGS and-

17 comments:

Randi WS said...

Such a gorgeous card! Your coloring is perfect, and I love your bright colors. And you're absolutely right: those flowers are loveable!
And btw: Your stitching is great!
Have a nice weekend, hugs from Norway ;)

Linda said...

Great job on your first easel card! I've made one, and need to make another for a different challenge. You did a great job... oh, already said that. Love the paper and your embellies.

Hugs, Linda

Jingle said...

That is so adorable! You did a great job with the construction, too!

Alie de Vrij-Venema said...

Perfect easel, perfect colours!! It's a great card! Greetings from Holland!

cabio's craft corner said...

Great to see this easel card. Cute Tilda and sweet coloring :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Jane said...

Gorgeous card Michelle!! Love the colours, those papers are so yummy! Love all the details you've cut with your new machine - so jealous!! hugs, Jane xx

patricia moore said...

love your easel card michelle. i love making this style of card, i think you can do so much with them and you really have done an excellent job, love it.......patricia x

Pink Heather said...

That is too cute. I love the corners. Nice job on the zig zag stitching.

Helene said...

Very sweet card and great stitching.

Fairy said...

elle est trés jolie bravo
Bisous

Georgia Ehrmann said...

I love your easel card! Your image and papers are so very pretty and your execution very well done with the pretty sewing! TFS!

Niki Estes said...

This is so cute, Michelle! I love the colors and patterned papers. I haven't taken the plunge with easel cards yet, but I love the look! They do look like a piece of art.

Rufus said...

Knew you weren't going to be able to keep your hands off your new toy for long! Great job on your easel card! Fun aren't they? Hope you get some more time to play this weekend.
R/

Vanja said...

This is jsut beautiful! Fabulous papers.
Hugs, Vanja

GAFlyGirl said...

this card is absolutely beautiful. I just love those images, and vibrant colors! thanks for sharing!!

Debbi said...

Gorgeous card! I love the image and the DP. And the accents in red are just perfect. Love the gel pen, too. Super!
*smiles*
debbi

Moshie said...

WOW! Just stopped by again and must say I love this card! It is so pretty! Love the pics of your donkeys too. They are pretty darn cute too.
hugs, Moshie