Monday, March 1, 2010

New Stampavie Gillian Roberts image with LOTS of butterflies!

Wow what a long stressful Sunday! Our neighbor has some beautiful horses, one of them was hurt Saturday night. Was lame and three legging it. I think everyone knows that is always scary with horses (or donkeys)! But after a long day, and taking this beautiful 17 hands high horse to an emergency equine hospital, he looks like he should be ok. He still has a few days a head of him before he is really "ok", and then can be put back out with his friends. But it is looking like he will be saved and not have to be put down. And really in the grand scheme of it all that is the most important thing. Saving him.. I didn't do much, but what I could do was stay with our neighbor and just support her through all of it - long story to let you know why I was MIA yesterday, and my post is late today - :0)  So here is my card today!

 

First my image - here is a look at one of the brand new Stampavie Gillian Roberts images! This is Looking at you - I just love it! fun to color, and a butterfly! You'll see why I was so excited about that butterfly in just a second... :0)   I colored with my Copics, then used a bit of the Spica glitter pens on the butterfly and her shirt. Can you see that? I don't think so... darn it! Trust me it really is sparkly... 
Now why I was so excited about that butterfly! I just got a small stack of the new DCWV Mariposa papers!!!! Oh my have you seen these papers? Do you have them yet? Ok you are really gonna have to have these if you don't have them!!!! GORGEOUS Butterfly papers!! I have to now find me a 8x8 stack and a 12x12 stack.. this 4x6 stack is just not enough of these.

The orange paper is a really pretty graphic looking print.. but if you look really close it does have a butterfly pattern to it. The turquoise pattern has some larger really beautiful butterflies spread in one corner of it. But I think my favorite is the print with the millions of sparkling tiny little butterflies! Really lots of bling and gorgeous!  I cut my image and a mat with my Nesties labels dies. I used a Fiskars Border punch for a lacy band across the bottom, topped with a piece of satin ribbon.  The sentiment was just too perfect!! I found this stamp on clearance over a year ago at Hobby Lobby. I have never used it! But the 2.50 price tag on the side was well worth it when I saw it for this card! I cut it and matted it with the same Nesties labels dies. I felt the card needed something more.. so out came my Diamond Stickles and I dotted around the entire card. I like it! 

Hope you enjoyed my butterflies.. and the look at the new Stampavie image! Lovin these new stamps!!! And they are going to be in your stores right away!!! (hint hint.. they are starting to be shipped out to stores this week!)

HUGS and have a great Monday!

7 comments:

Yvonne said...

What a beautiful card! I love the image, so cute!! Hope for your neighbor that the horse will be allright. So scary, leg injuries.
Hugs, Yvonne

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous Michelle! Lovin' all the butterflies!

Redlady said...

Hi Michelle.
Loved your card.
Butterflies are my favourites. A renewel of Life.
Hope your neighbours horse will be Ok. They are beautiful creatures. Our pets are so precious to us. If people were like animals giving love and affection this world would be a much happier place wouldn't it?
Hilda

Rufus said...

First hope that your neighbors horse will make a full recovery, that is very scary. Second, Love this card! Those papers are incredible!
R/

Lori said...

Love this card as well. Your work is amazing and I love the donkies! So sweet. Where did you get the green paper with the butterfly on it??

Cynde said...

This card is gorgeous! Love the choices you put together...Beautiful!

Tina Connolly said...

Very pretty card!
www.scrapdiva-tina.blogspot.com