Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Spoon Full of Sugar - Color Combo - Pink and Brown

Tuesday's Spoon Full of Sugar Day! And the theme this week is a color combo! A favorite combo if you ask me :0) Pink and Brown!

I decided that Stampavie's Tina Wenke Tutu Cute image was perfect. I mean a tutu is usually pink right? So I went to coloring with my Copics. Pink ballerina with some brown boots!

My papers are from DCWV Rustic Stack. Love these papers, they have a vintage look, with lots of embossing and glitter. I sewed down my layers, and then added a Martha Stewart Border punch for the band across the middle. My image and my sentiment (one of the new $1.00 stamps I got a couple of weeks ago) are inked with Distress inks Tea Dye. And then matted and added to my card. I have been trying to keep some of my cards "flatter".

For easier mailing. Oh I totally adore LOTS of mulberry roses and large embellishments. But really, they do get hard to mail, so for this card I decided to cut out a few of the flowers from the stack - they match perfect in color cuz they are part of the collection. And I think they are just darn pretty too! I centered them with adhesive pearls.

Then for just a bit more bling. I stickled up that tutu! And her wings.
She really is precious - but I do love all of Tina's images! :0)

Now want to see more pink and brown? Make sure to visit A Spoon Full of Sugar and see all the DT's work. Then join us!

Ok... back to work. Cleaning our spare room and re-organizing Hubby's collection of books - well how come we are "cleaning" one room and now the rest of my house is a total disaster!! My craft room has been totally turned upside down!!! Yep... moving it all around to make room for our clothes rack.. ahem I mean treadmill... to come into my craft room. We needed to find a new place for it and for some reason seeing it is suppose to make me use it more? That is the plan but lets see... 3 feet from my treadmill is my craft desk, what would you want to do more? LOL

Have a great day! HUGS and-

3 comments:

Kirsten Alicia said...

Gorgeous card & such a cute image.

Lucy said...

Adorable. Now I want Stamavie also! Stop making such cute cards :)

Carol Dee said...

The card is Tutu Cute! She is adorable in her tutu with boots !!! Hugs...