Saturday, November 5, 2011

Animal Crackers - Hi How Are Ya?

I love these Donkeys :0) I mean come on ... this just makes you smile doesn't it? I always see a bubble of chatting above them... with a "Hi... How Are Ya?"
 Lydia is such a sweetie... pushy but very sweet.  Yesterday afternoon I went out and snapped just a few photos... I have been a little under the weather this week - and although sunny, it was chilly so I didn't spend too much time out there.   I love this photo though... You can see her personality can't you. And totally love that one piece of hay sticking out of her mouth. Just so perfectly country!

 Here is another one of Lydia... she followed me down the fence line... she loves close ups :0)

None of the Momma's and Babies were into the photo taking... as I said it was sunny and just a bit cool. The weather they love. Wonderful afternoon nap time -  If I had a cot and a blanket I really would have loved to join them!  And this makes me so happy too... seeing all these wonderful babies :0)

 Now this one I took last week with the camera in my phone -
The goats got a new toy.... Hubby had a friend that needed to dispose of a large spool. PERFECT Goat climbing and bed! They love to be up off the ground - We are working on getting another one... they just love this one. OH and you can see the picnic table in the background... it is a goat bed as well.....

I tried and tried to get a photo of the dogs this week. But they are just too interested in all the new grass. It has been forever since they have had grass in their yard.

 Autie has really been funny this week. I told you last week that Libbie is in season. Autie has been acting different - he has not been this way with her earlier times. He is SUPER protective of her. He is always checking on her. Never leaves her side when they are outside. Whines when he isn't with her. Barks at anything that comes close to her. Barks just to tell everyone that she is moving. He has rarely barked at all before this. It is all so strange. AND even stranger... since he as been barking more... Libbie is barking a lot less! I hope this goes away when she goes out of season... between the barking, and the whining when he can't see or be near her is driving us nuts! And Chica nuts!! She misses her Dad, her play partner, her running buddy.... He hardly even is having anything to do with Chica - cuz all attention is on Libbie.

Sorry was a bit light this week huh? I am feeling better - so hopefully I can get ahead on a few projects and get some better photos for next week. Funny... I use to function just fine with hardly no sleep- still keep on grooving and doing my thing. But lately - if I am sick or something keeps me up at night and I don't get my "beauty rest" ... I just can't even do the simplest things the next day. I am in a fog..... You think it is cuz I am getting old??? LOL

Have a wonderful Day! Hope the weather is nice where you are - should be pretty today... but another front is coming in Sunday or Monday... so I guess winter is gonna come in fast and strong this year!

HUGS and-



7 comments:

Kirsten Alicia said...

Now my Saturday properly begins, I've had my portion of Animal Crackers. :) I hope you're feeling better, have a restful weekend. I love the pic of the goats, earlier this week I saw a photo of about 10 goats on top of the spindliest tree I've ever seen & I immediately thought of you.

LorraineB said...

Love the photos. Such sweet faces. I also thought of you and wondered if you saw the newscast with the goats high up in the trees. How the heck do they get down without killing themselves! Glad you're feeling better.

Carol Dee said...

Awww such a sweet face!

Helen said...

WOW, the first pic is my favourite; what a sweetie!!! Hope you are feeling well. Have a great sunday. Hugs.

Rufus said...

Hope you keep feeling better. Love the new "goat table"! Toooo funny!
R/

BethW said...

Lydia's photos made my day.Thank you again for sharing all this happiness with us.Saturday is my favorite day now.

Linda-Ann & Simon Brunton said...

Stumbled accross your blog by chance. And I'm so glad I did - What Happy contented Animals - Your can see that they are loved. Thanks so much for sharing.
Linda B.