Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I am still here ....

Went MIA again didn't I? Sorry about that. Just FYI - anyone who says "Oh common, just a quick paint and a little repair to the floor before the holidays... it won't be bad" - - Please have your head examined at once! This has been a nightmare! A much needed nightmare and once we are all done it will be wonderful!! But oh my... what a can of worms we have opened up here!

Ok, so I have told you we were painting the inside of the house - and the repair to the flooring. Nope wouldn't work... so we had to purchase all new flooring. Then while ripping out the old flooring - Hubby nearly fell through the sub-floor!! So back to the store for Sub-flooring to make sure the house is safe. It is all coming together now, but man what a headache. I smashed my right hand last week while working - it was pretty bad but now is all better other than the scrapes. Then this weekend I smashed my fingers on my left hand... not as bad but made me feel really stupid! I am an accident waiting to happen! Hubby says I am just trying to move to fast, and with no depth perception I am being even more klutzy than normal. I guess that is true. So today I am trying to move a little slower... nature and my old rear end are helping with that too, cuz I am worn out! But it is seriously looking so good!

I'll snap a few photos when we are done. But for now... wanted you know that Libbie and Autie are on the watch for us...

The dogs have loved having the flooring boxes stacked up in the Living Room... they are like stairs for them... they run up them and sit and can see out the front windows perfectly, without having to stand on their tippy toes at the sill. Libbie especially has loved this spot. Hope she isn't gonna mind that by tomorrow night... this should all be gone and in place in the house and she is gonna have to go back to her toes. If you are wondering where Chica is... that little girl has just been in so much trouble. She seems to like being right under Hubby while he is painting... she is a mess and has had two baths this week already...sigh too cute to get mad at, even when she has a blob of paint on her head.

I'll be back tomorrow for my Inky Impressions Post... See you then!
HUGS and

5 comments:

Helen said...

Oh my, what a story. Please take care of yourself, so you can still show us some crafting. Know exactly what you mean; you start one thing and the whole house looks like a tornado went through it before you are ready. Hope everything will be fine again soon. The dogs are really cute on their watch out. Hugs.

Carol Dee said...

The flooring looks like what we put in. You are going to LOVE it. Can't wait to see what all you have done. It will look so nice adn in time for the holidays. Hugs...

Dee in N.H. said...

Your dogs look so cute!!! I can sympathize with that "quick" project!

Shelly said...

We too have run into bad sub floors in our house. Such a nuisance, but it's better than discovering the problem after the new flooring is down. Keep thinking about how nice it will look for Christmas. :)

I notice that Queen Libbie gets the highest box to perch on. So cute.

Rufus said...

There is NO such thing as a quick and simple home improvement project...ALWAYS something, ALWAYS! Sounds like you and hubby have it under control. Take care of those hands, gal, you need 'em to craft!! You know, slow and steady wins the race and all that!
Happy Thanksgiving
R/