Tuesday, April 30, 2013

High Hopes - Paper Piecing

Howdy -

WE GOT RAIN! Sorry had to start off with that loud scream of excitement. Was so fabulous and SO needed. Two really good rain storms in two days. I think you can already see the grass growing! I know the neighbors corn field has grown in just 24 hours. We laughed yesterday, we drove out around 9am and when we came back around noon it looked like it was a full foot taller! LOL  I know some areas have really had too much rain, but here in Texas we need it badly. So we dance when we get good measurable rain! Means the hay fields will grow and the hay will be cut and available for the animals!

Now lets move on to todays High Hopes Challenge! This week we are having fun doing a little Paper Piecing. Did you get a chance to see the Tutorial last week over at the HH Blog? Well this week we are putting it to use and doing some paper piecing ourselves.

For me I wanted to go a little different....


I wanted to piece something a little different - normally I piece clothing but when I came across these three "chicks" I thought maybe I could paper piece them! This is Gertie, Millie and Hatie - they are three great girlfriends!

Bazill Gem papers that have a shine to them were perfect. I stamped them out on white and yellow, then again one more time on my regular card stock. I colored their hats and ribbons. The background and then the grass. Then I cut out all the white bodies - then out of the yellow their legs and beaks. I really love how it came out! May have to try this more often.  

I found some papers in my scraps matted with red and blue card stock. Then put on a blue card stock base. Each layer was sewed together. A red gingham ribbon around the bottom and then three red buttons. The sentiment is also from High Hopes - "Happy Bird Day!" - a friend had a birthday this past weekend - so this card had a purpose! 

Here is a different view of the girls so you can see the piecing and texture of the Gem card stock. 


Here is the inside - more of the same papers -


And then my Copics I uses... for such little coloring I sure used a bunch of colors didn't I? LOL


 Pop on over to the High Hopes Challenge and see the other DT's paper piecing. Then join us!! Great chances of winning more High Hopes!

So today ---- what are you up to? We have plans to work on a few projects here at home. Hubby has been working on restoring an antique display case, hopefully today he will finish it. Really is looking great and I can't wait to use it at our next show. Me, I will do some chores, and work on eBay. If I can get the courage I might go to the grocery store. ARG... I keep putting it off, and we are getting to the point that it is becoming totally necessary. So today or tomorrow it will have to be done. See... I just put it off another day there didn't I? LOL

Have a wonderful day -
Hugs and -

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow love the idea of paper piecing like this.
you are fantastic.
I will gladly send our rain in florida to you.
I am sick of it lol

Hugs Tammy Owner Of Tammy Scrappin Corner
http://www.tammyscrapincorner.com

Carol Dee said...

We are finally drying out, flood waters are receding. And temps warming to normal. We where so glad to see the rains come but then they would not stop! We are officialy out of the drought. :)
Love the bright card. Cute geese in there son bonnets.