Thursday, April 25, 2013

Whimsy Inspiration - Missing You like Crazy

Howdy -

Today I wanted to share one of the new digital images from Whimsy Stamps. This image got me one of those "rolls of the eye" you are making me crazy looks from Hubby. I got to coloring this cutie and was just enjoying my crafting time... when he stepped into my craft room and said do you know what time it is? That is the nice question I get when he is trying to sleep and the light from my craft area is keeping him from dozing off. My craft room is a an extension off of our bedroom. That means I am suppose to stop working and head to bed. Now I was on a roll and was enjoying myself and my quiet time. I said I just want to finish my card.... and there was the roll of the eyes. Now why is it my light is bothering him, but he can fall asleep with all the lights on and the TV blaring at top volume? But that is different I guess -

So I stayed up and kept on working... I had to I couldn't not finish this cutie!!!



This is one of the new images from Whimsy's new artist Scrappers Delights - Baby Boo Dragon - look at that pouty face.  I thought she was perfect for a "Missing You" card -

I found some older papers from My Minds Eye - Kraft Funday - one of those sets I had to have and really never have used. I love it! I colored up with my Copics (colors below) then I chose some of the pattern papers and cut them out. I then went around each piece with a really dark grey Copic. Love how it gives a shadow look to each paper. I found some ribbon that was the same color as one of the mats - I stuck it down and then hated it. Too shiny.. this paper was all wrong with the that type of ribbon. But it was down. To help I found some twine and wrapped the ribbon and then tied around the bow. Helps some maybe.... I dont' know maybe not.

Then I found a Whimsy sentiment that was just what my card was for - "Missing You like Crazy" It is from the Simple Everyday Greetings set -  Great set to have on hand for cards.

Here is Baby Boo Dragon up close -



Cutie huh?

Here is the inside - more papers from the Kraft Funday paper pad -


And the Copics used -


Whimsy had a release yesterday - More great rubber... papers...dies and Shape EZ templates...  my wish list just gets longer and longer! I get an order in and then the list starts over :0)  Love my Whimsy! How about you?

What is on your list to do today? I am thinking I need to do some organizing today - little cleaning but mostly sorting and organizing. Need resort the Estate items and clear some boxes. And I SERIOUSLY need to clean and sort my craft room. It has turned into eBay central and I want more craft central again. So that is the plan...fingers crossed!

Have a blessed day -
HUGS and-

3 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Hee Hee Husbands ! Mine is the same. Too Funny.
Cute new image, she just looks so sad... but love her outfi.t. TGIF

Marilyn said...

Great card & colouring. I really like how you've added the twine to the ribbon... neat way to do that.

Stampers Delights said...

Michelle this is adorable I love it!
I am so glad you got so much joy of of this image ;)
Love Janice XXXX