Tuesday, June 25, 2013

High Hopes - Lots of Layers

Howdy -

Today I have a birthday card that I made for a friend. And also for today's High Hopes Challenge. My card is for a guy friend of ours. Guy cards are tough sometimes, we all know that. But while going through my High Hopes stamps to decide what to use I found this adorable little guy and he was perfect for our friend Kirk - today is his birthday, won't say how old cuz we went to high school together, actually I am a year older...  so he is old, just not as old as me.

This is "Diver Dan"

And my photo of him is a little off from how he looks in person. He is a little dark in the photo. There is more detail. But still he is really cute. I colored him and the background with my Copics. (colors below) I then cut it out with a circle Nestie. The challenge is to have lots of layers, and I think I covered that pretty well. I think there are more than ten layers here... not including the inside! I found an older paper pad from My Mind's Eye Lost and Found called Breeze - liked the colors with the "water". I did up layers with the cream colored base. And then found a piece of core'dinations cardstock to use as a mat. Punched out a border and used a ribbon as a band. The sentiment is also High Hopes - called "Dive Right In" I then wanted to make the water look more like water. So I pulled out my Viva Decor Hologram Glitter Pen and covered the entire circle image. Really is pretty fun in person.


Here is the inside - more of the same collection of papers, then I stamped Diver Dan in black just for some more fun.

Here are my Copic colors used


Hope Kirk is gonna like his birthday card. I sure had fun making it. :0)

Make sure to pop over to the High Hopes Challenge and see all the DT Layers of Cards or Cards with lots of Layers? Sure there is lots to see - then join us!!! You could win!

Lots going on today - We had an antique show this past weekend and of course just as it was time to load up the trailer it started pouring. Most all of our stuff is in plastic boxes so no treasures got wet. But still there was moisture - so Hubby wants to pull things out and let everything "breath" at bit. Me. I will be listing things onto eBay and working on some house cleaning. Normal day I guess you could say.

Whats new in your house?

Have a wonderful day -
HUGS and

2 comments:

Carol Dee said...

How cute! Love the shimmer on Diver Dan. Yeah, we don't talk about age around here much. :)Getting old takes some getting used to!!! LOL. Have a good week, hugs...

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is Awesome!! love it!